Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fulcrum Racing 7 LG vs Standard Racing 7

I have decided to go for fulcrum r7 wheels after listening to what people said on my previous post

I see the new R7 LG wheels which are around £130 are designed with 17c rims to accommodate 25c tyres
The older wheels from 2014 which have standard 15c rims are only around £115
Is there any significant advantage of the wider or narrower rim design.
I believe the two sets are the same weight and everything else.
I probably wont ever want 23 tyres however will i be able to use them on the LG 17c rims if i need to?
is it worth the extra £15-20 for the R7 LGs?
Comments will be appreciated.
Prices based on Ribble.co.uk

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

2 Wheeled Idiot | 9 years ago
0 likes

Pretty much any road tyres will fit on pretty much any road rim, the advantages of a wider rim are increased air volume (so more comfort), a better rounded shape to the tyres (better handling and grip), and supposedly a more aero rim/tyre interface (very marginal of at all...)
Its up to you to decide whether these advantages are worth it, I personally ride thin rims with 23 tyres as I don't have clearance for anything wider.... However My next bike will get some slightly wider rims but I will probably stick with thinner tyres as the wider rims increases effective tyres width.
Its all up to personal choice and whether the extra £20 is worth it.

Latest Comments