Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tire Recommendations

My Continental GP4000S II's are just about ready to be switched out. I've used these tires (and earlier versions) for over 3 seasons. They're dependable, puncture resistant and roll reasonably well. Lately I've fancied some new rubber. Something that has the qualities of the Conti, but rolls smoother and faster. Does anyone out there have any recommendations? I've tried both Michelin Pro4 Service Course and Vittoria Rubino Slicks, but they either don't last as long or don't roll as well. Thanks for your responses!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

Interesting post as GCN today posted a vid regarding tyre width and apparently it is now better to go for say 25 than 23.

It just comes down to personal choice, I swear by the two types of Schwabe I have used over the past 12 months.

unistriker | 9 years ago
0 likes

Michelin Pro4 Service Course- Go with the standard version. if you want longer life go for the endurance version. if you want more speed go with the comp version.

You cant have both. Sorry its a trade off.

Latest Comments