Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

ROSE X-LITE CRS 3100 DI2

On reading this months cycling Plus they had 10 bikes on test for under £2500, the one that caught my eye was the bike titled above,with ultegra DI2 and all for under £2100. OK its another internet only firm, similar to canyon. But reviews are scarce,does anyone on here have one,or knows of someone with one?,and if so what's the low down?... Thanks Lee..  105

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

smj | 9 years ago
0 likes

Since the Cycling Plus review, Rose have reduced the price due to the GBP/EUR exchange rate changes. So the ROSE X-LITE CRS 3100 Di2 is now under £2k.

I really like the look of the ROSE X-LITE TEAM-3100 Di2 at £2.4k and am also very interested to see some more detailed reviews.

My existing road bike came from Rose and I cannot fault the service. As each bike is hand built to order, the ability to completely customise the spec is really good too.

The alternative is a Canyon CF SLX, but that is much more expensive for a comparable spec, partly because they will not adjust the GBP price following the big EUR rate change, which is about a £400 difference for the model I was looking at.

So if any of the road.cc tech team are reading, I'd really appreciate a detailed review of the new Rose X-Lite. Sure Fin at Rose UK will lend you one !

BL7 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I bought a Rose Di2 a couple of years ago. Can't fault it one bit. Light, fast, good spec.

In fact that good, I bought another, but not Di2, but with Sram and a compact.

Could not find any other bike with similar specification for anywhere near the same price.

Rose are a major supplier on the Continent, but not so much in the UK. Their catalogue is well worth a look for anything, from bikes, spares, upgrades, clothing, tubes etc. Cut out the middle man and go direct.

They generally ship from Germany, and have an office in the UK for handling, building frames etc.

I would highly recommend them.

chrisw70 replied to BL7 | 9 years ago
0 likes
BL7 wrote:

I bought a Rose Di2 a couple of years ago. Can't fault it one bit. Light, fast, good spec.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it'll be an X-Lite I go for because the price is so good and that will leave me with some money to spend on wheels in a month or so.

chrisw70 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm definitely going for the 25mm tyres and in the review they rate the bars highly. They have a demo fleet of bikes in the UK in Bath but that's quite a trek from here and I'm not sure if any of the X-Lite models are there.

Daveyraveygravey | 9 years ago
0 likes

Caught my eye too although I would prefer 105 and a lower price, which I can't see as a choice in the UK. You can spec 25mm tyres which may alleviate the harshness as would changing bars and or stem.

chrisw70 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm another looking at one of these albeit the X-Lite CRS 4400 because of the SRAM Force groupset. Tour Magazin International reviewed the X-Lite team in the latest version which I downloaded and gave it a very good score. No mention about it being uncomfortable.

I saw one at the London Bike Show but they didn't have one on the test track unfortunately so it might be a case of just buying one and getting fitted to it. A 6.55kg bike for £1700 is very tempting!  1

Erl1d | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have also been looking at this one. From what I have been reading, geometry could be a bit uncomfortable on the longer rides. That is from the test rides in kitzbuehl.

I ride a Caad 8 today and cant really deside if I should go for the X-lite CRS or the grand fondo model.  39 The Caad and X-lite do not have big differences in geometry as far as I can see. Any thoughts? I use the bike for sportives and training with friends. Live in a hilly part of Norway.

ldb30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Assumed a new model, but literally nothing, bar cycling plus small review in March edition!!  39 Looks a lot of bike at minimal money?!!....

sergius | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's quite new it seems, but I'm interested in the same bike. I've not found any reviews, only "first looks" that aren't very detailed.

Latest Comments