Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Help choosing new bike please.

Hi,
Help wanted choosing new bike. I have a triban 500 se and want to upgrade to something a bit better. My company have sorted a cycle to work scheme out and I had got my choice down to the new defy 0. Having picked this over caad8, trek Madone 2.1, Hoy Colobra 004, Planet X pro carbon or rt58. However they are going to sort out without the hassle of a voucher. Basically stick it on company credit card and accounts will sort the rest. This now opens up my choice somewhat as I really like the look and the reviews for Canyon, the Endurance Al 7.0 would be my pick due to the magic £1k figure.
So which should I go for, or other options. I am the M/L in the defy, what size should I go with the Canyon? I think their medium. This is the only issue with the Canyon as I don't know how it will feel and getting the correct sizing. A lot of money to risk if it doesn't fit me.

Many thanks in advance for those that take the time to reply.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

PonteD | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've got a Planet X Pro Carbon and am happy with it .

Before I bought it I was considering getting a Canyon later in the year. From reading around, the ordering process appears quite thorough and should ensure you get the right size, and you do seem to get a lot for your money.

Also if you're used to a Triban, why not look at the Decathlon carbon frames. The Mach 720 is also at the magic £1k mark: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/mach-720-carbon-road-bike-id_8311471.html

Latest Comments