Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Struggling to see passed Canyon - any others?

I'm looking for a Road/Cross Disc Brake bike with Ultegra (could downsize to 105) and really struggling to see passed the Canyon Inflite 9.0.

I have also looked at Rose, Cannondale CAADX, and a few others but keep coming back to Canyon.
With not much more than £1500 (2000 at a stretch) to spend can anyone point in me in the way of some cracking bikes?

I have been looking at similar threads on here (apologies if repetitive) but the others are too far below or above what I'm looking at.

Would appreciate any help/guidance/advice.

thanks.

Joel.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

I_like_bikes | 9 years ago
0 likes

thanks guys.
I'm finding the same although I did see a Cube Cross Race Disc Pro "Black and Red" for around the same price/Ultegra but a bit heavier.
I'll have a look at Dolan as this wasn't on my radar, just seems the big names Giant, Trek, Specialized, etc are pricing the bikes so high it just seems ridiculous for the bikes.

Daveyraveygravey | 9 years ago
0 likes

Would agree with both posts above re Rose and Dolan. I'm looking for a similar budget but not CX/disc brakes, and Rose seem to hold the aces as far as I am concerned. I like the custom-isability of Rose, seems like you can change any part you want whereas almost all the other retailers say, here's the spec we think you want, like it or lump it.

jollygoodvelo | 9 years ago
0 likes

Might be worth looking at Dolan - similar online-only business model, they do roadish and CXish models with a certain amount of customisation. No personal experience but the CDX comes with 105 and BB7s rather than hydraulics for £1200 which isn't too bad.

Leodis | 9 years ago
0 likes

I am in the same position but I am going for the Rose pro dx cross-3000 hydraulic with some upgrades and 28mm tyres. I really was looking at the Canyon Inflite 9.0s but I really hate the colour scheme and the fact its custom made mudguards and the thing to me looks slow. I would love the Canyon Inflite 9.0 if they would allow the chainset change to compact and add some slicker tyres but I don't want to cough up for the bike and then spend another couple of hundred making it more road than cx.

You really cannot get off the shelve bikes in the UK that meets the spec of both Rose & Canyon within £500+ and then they have heavy wheelsets.

Latest Comments