Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Di2 and hydraulic brakes for under £2,500

If you want a carbon bike with Di2 and hydraulic brakes (and are happy buying online) is there much wrong with this one from Rose:

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-xeon-cdx-3100-di2/aid:756153

It seems to be much cheaper than any equivalent, are there any obvious problems with it?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

WDG | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have a Rose Xeon CGF, which is the same basis concept without discs. It's a great bike - yes I did have to wait 5 weeks for it, but it was specced to my exact choices as it is fully configurable. If it took 3 days to reply I'd give them a break - if it was to Germany it is a foreign country, maybe the English speaking tech guy was out, if it was to the UK arm then well done on getting a response, before I bought mine I emailed them twice and got nothing. I don't have anything against bike shops, but I want the right deal and specced my own way, so it worked out for me. It's a great bike, excellent handling and really comfy. I will be buying a disc bike next year and it will be one of these.

w61 | 9 years ago
0 likes

The De Rosa looks good, but still £1,000 more than the Xeon. I know there are risks buying online but the Xeon is very tempting...

sergius | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hmm that De Rosa is currently £3250 on wiggle. Hmm, I wonder if I can backtrack on the conversation I had with the missus last week when I told her i'd wait awhile before buying my next bike  1

Kadinkski | 9 years ago
0 likes

I think the colnago c60 disc will be di2 too. But that will probably be double the price of the xeon.

I had a look at a focus cayo disc the other day too, it wasn't even on my radar but the dude in the shop told me it was worth considering. I've got a broken hand so couldn't take it on a test ride, but from what I saw I was hugely impressed - the raciest and lightest road disc bike I've seen so far. Full carbon fibre, hydro discs, amazing thru axles, comes with a retul bike fit...its not di2, but super easy to upgrade...£2k for sram and £2.3k for ultegra. I'll defo be taking it for a test ride when the cast is off.

But god, I must admit, that xeon is a real spanner in the works.

Kadinkski | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just to add to the list above there's also the de rosa idol disc with di2 for £3,699.99

I haven't found any deal like the xeon though in terms of components for that price, I haven't heard of any obvious problems either. I just can't bring myself to buy it through the internet. A couple of weeks ago I emailed them asking about tyre sizes for the DT Swiss wheels and it took 3 days for them to come back to me with a one line answer and it didn't even answer the question properly anyway. It totally put me off dealing with them further.

Personally I'd rather pay a bit more for the peace of mind of dealing with a proper shop, getting it fitted properly, and buying a bike that the salesman can tell me everything about rather than trying to find reviews online. But I know others feel differently.

sergius | 9 years ago
0 likes

I was looking at this earlier today interestingly. There aren't any reviews online that I've found - at least not for that bike specifically (a few mentions in a round up of the 2015 lineup).

When you consider the competition (for me this is about hydraulic discs + Di2):

Bianchi Infinto CV ~£6k
Giant Defy SL0 ~£7k
There's a CX bike from Boardman for £3100, but for me I want something more racy.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I've seen over the last few months.

Latest Comments