Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Flanders Sportive & watching the race

The girlfriend and I are planning on going over to watch the Tour of Flanders and also doing the sportive . Any advice from folks who have been there and done it would be appreciated. We are keeping our options open as we don't mind camping if it's viable but we plan on driving and doing it DIY as opposed to an organized trip .

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

ChuckB | 9 years ago
0 likes

We stay in Tourcoing both for the Flanders Cyclo and the Roubaix Challange. A short drive to either event, or a nice warm up ride before the sportives if the weather isn't crap. We found it cheaper than Ghent.

mmag1 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Pubs in Oudenaarde have large screen tvs and loads of atmosphere. You can pop out to see the start and finish of the women's race and to watch the men come through town and then mooch around the team buses after the race. I've not bothered with fighting my way down to the finish, but its not far from the centre of town.

turboprannet | 9 years ago
0 likes

We stayed in Ghent - good base for the sportive and a short trip to Oudenaarde or Oude Kwaremont for watching the race the next day.

We drove into the village next to the Oude Kwaremont and got the free bus to the fan park which was a good way of watching the race.

Latest Comments