Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vulpine Sample Sale

Your roving reporter no longer on the scene brings you not-quite live news from what is quite literally the sample sale event of the week...

Very glad I went. Some friendly early-morning chat in the crisp January air was followed by an Aladdin's cave of tidily arranged, extremely nice gear opened on time by the affable host. I was prepared for a combination of City MAMILs and ironically-bearded Hackney fakengers wrestling over crumpled merino t-shirts but it was very civilised, barely a murmur disrupted the happy rustling sound of people sorting through coveted clothing and aspired-to attire. Even the queue to pay was civilised; and moving reasonably quickly without compromising the friendliness of the ladies on the tills.

Worth getting down there. Well done Vulpine folks.

(Seriously though: guys clearly wearing their best Vulpine stuff to the Vulpine sample sale - what's that about? Are you expecting a gold star from the man himself?)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Al__S | 9 years ago
0 likes

An "Original Rain Jacket" for £60 (list price £190) made the trip from Cambridge very much worth it. Everyone there on Saturday morning was cheery and friendly- outdone only by the Vulpine staff.

arfa | 9 years ago
0 likes

to put it into context, i picked up a Harrington jacket, a soft shell gilet, 2 long sleeve merino jerseys, two t merino t shirts and a short sleeved jersey for a touch over the original retail price of a harrington jacket

bdsl | 9 years ago
0 likes

What's the pricing been like?

jollygoodvelo replied to bdsl | 9 years ago
0 likes
bdsl wrote:

What's the pricing been like?

Hilariously giveaway.

dotdash | 9 years ago
0 likes

I hope they have stuff for Tomorrow, looking for a soft-shell, LS jersey and a SS jersey

jollygoodvelo | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oops.

On the upside, I managed to resist buying a long sleeved softshell.

jacknorell | 9 years ago
0 likes

Good sale, the t-shirts went in a hurry though, too quick for me!

I, at least, did wear my Vulpine softshell to the sale... because I've used it every day since I got it in the Xmas Sale!

jollygoodvelo | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm going to drop in again on the way home to see what's left.

PJP | 9 years ago
0 likes

To go all tautalogical, the lunchtime rush was a rush at lunchtime. Impressive how many people can fit in a singlefile queue in such a small shop!

arfa | 9 years ago
0 likes

I had a little flutter myself and would say it was "fairly" civilised with a few sharpening their elbows when the doors opened....
Anyway, definitely priced to go but I doubt there will be much left by the end of today judging by the first 20 minutes !

Latest Comments