Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

new bike advice

I've been cycling for 4 years now on a Raleigh Airlite 300 and looking for an upgrade.
The bike isn't particularly comfortable and just lost all personality. I'm looking for a comfortable carbon framed bike to eat up the miles with preferably a shimano 105 groupset.
I'm looking to spend roughly 1000 to 1200 but will spend up to 1350 if the bike is right. I'd also like to be able to pay by finance and just looking to see if anyone has any ideas
many thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

JoshCroxton1 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I second the Cube Agree from The Bike Shed

Very good spec for the price.

chris1968 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sorry, Montegrappa not carbon. Am not paying attention  17

chris1968 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wilier montegrappa. brilliant frame ripe to upgrade as and when, and cash left too !!

edvelo | 9 years ago
0 likes

If you could stretch a bit this place has Cube Agree GTC with Di2 groupset for £1500. Ok it's a 2013 model, but you won't find a better spec.

http://www.bikesheduk.com/cube-agree-gtc-di2-slt-compact-2013

hughw | 9 years ago
0 likes

I ride a Cube Agree GTC pro that I picked up for about £1250 a few months ago. Full 105(brakes and all), and I really like it

Daveyraveygravey | 9 years ago
0 likes

Tons of bikes at this price point. I am looking at Rose, and possibly Canyon; what you get for the money is brilliant but of course its quite hard to even see the bikes in the flesh never mind ride them. I'm going to the London Bike Show to check them out hopefully.

There's also Dolan, Sensa bikes at Merlin Cycles, Evans have several versions of Cannondale Super Six (and a few others) then there's Ridley, Ribble; Kinesis if you are not fixed on carbon...

surly_by_name replied to Daveyraveygravey | 9 years ago
0 likes
Daveyraveygravey wrote:

Canyon ... its quite hard to even see the bikes in the flesh never mind ride them.

I think you can now do test rides via Canyon UK although might still involve trip to SW London. My wife's Ultegra equipped Ultimate AL is a lovely bike (closest this season would appear to be the Endurace AL 7.0 for £1,049). The 105 equipped Endurace CF 7.0 (£1099) might be an alternative if you want carbon.

Planet X great value (am now up to my 9th On One/Planet X bike) but I think Canyon currently shade it slightly for value for money.

ohjaacob replied to surly_by_name | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeah I've looked at the 7.0 and it seems really good but I think if I was going to get the canyon I'd maybe go for 8.0 as it's got incredible reviews and I think it's only £200 more

edison | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hey, I'd take a look at what Planet X has to offer. Very affordable Carbon frames and the bikes are generally very well reviewed.

ohjaacob replied to edison | 9 years ago
0 likes

One of my options is the Planet X Nanolight Sram Rival 22 but as it's only got one review i'm not sure what to think of it. One upside is that there's a retailer about a hour and a half away. But thanks for the feedback!

Latest Comments