Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cav;s Sportive

Under his name there is a new Sportive in Cheshire/North Wales and I have just signed up for it

http://www.riseabovesportive.com

I have picked the 185K route with 2500M of climbing.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

don simon fbpe | 9 years ago
0 likes

The official line regarding the closed road description in its entirety
"Hi S****, the will be closed roads in Chester city, on the departure and return and possible one climb on the route however as all of the above is not confirmed and planned yet you will have to wait in till late April to confirm this and provide timings, when this is the case we will publish them on-line I look forward to seeing you at the event "

Al__S | 9 years ago
0 likes

Has Etape Cymru DEFINITELY lost closed road status? The event page* still says it will be closed roads, however date is "TBC". I know there's talk of it losing the status, but much of that seems to be from opponents of the events.

*apologies, I'm in the gallery at the top of the page.

A2thaJ | 9 years ago
0 likes

Will just be the start on closed roads. To be honest, it's only windy descents up there that you really want the closed road for. has etape Cymru been given a date yet? I'd guessed that human race had become more interested in the Yorkshire event?

mill1991 | 9 years ago
0 likes

not sure if it's just the wording, but i reckon it's only the start & finish in Chester/Cheshire that's closed roads. not the other 95% of the route in Wales.

ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

The power of fame ?

don simon fbpe | 9 years ago
0 likes

Signed for 120kms of local roads.
Interesting that Etape Cymru loses closed road status and Cav comes along on almost exactly the same (closed) roads.
One in the eye for Ponciau and Cllr Paul Pemberton.
Bring it on!

Latest Comments