Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Spring Classics 2015

The next major competition I am looking at getting organised for is the Spring Classics 2015. I would also like to get some prizes organised for a mini-league if it is still possible to run a standard mini-league competition.

Is anyone able to tell me how the Spring Classics will run this year?

For example:

- Will they be the same 12 races as last year, which will mean Omloop Het Nieuwsblad will be first on 22nd Feb ... that's less than a month away.

- Will it be possible for players to run a mini-league for this with just standard scoring on its own, i.e. not standard + purist + whatever scores all added together as aggregate league "scores".

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

235 comments

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

I know it's not the case, but the Finish Line points for Roubaix currently are stated as:

Finish line: Points awarded for the first 20 riders over the line in a race or stage. Unless otherwise stated: 35, 30, 25, 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points for the first 20 riders.

By the way, I was trying to see the rider scores for the other stages of the Spring Classics competition, but I can't see them. How do I do that?  39

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Well, here we go... 10 races down, 4 to go  1 10 races of 'Pure Spring Fun!'

You must be wondering, as I do, well, had we had a Purist competition, hmmm... who should I have put on the team?...  39 Cancellara went out, Boonen went out... That would have ruined plenty of teams!  45 Scheldeprijs had a crash that completely turned the race on its head...  39 But then, there's been the incredibly consistent Kristoff these last few weeks... And John Degenkolb has done his team, his country and his fans mighty proud to win two Monuments!...  41

But, damn, who doesn't want to know...  39 should I have put Sagan on my team?... I do! I've kept him there for almost all the campaign!  45

Without further ado, I present the Road.cc 'Best Purist Team' for the first half of the Spring Classics Campaign! Enjoy!

31.9 Alexander Kristoff
24.3 Zdenek Stybar
22.9 Niki Terpstra
15.3 Edward Theuns
23.2 Geraint Thomas
13.9 Jens Debusschere
13.4 Jurgen Roelandts
4.8 Tiesj Benoot

841 points
149.7 credits

Without having done a single transfer, this team would be sitting pretty at No. 54 in the Standard competition.

What? No Sagan? No wonder I'm in position No. 278 in the competition!  45

But look closely and you'll see something really (!) strange. In spite of having won 2 races, the 'Best Purist Team' for this half of the Spring Classics does not (!) include Degenkolb!  7 Blasphemy, I say!  45

Here are some interesting facts related to previous discussions in this thread...

110 riders managed to get a Top 20 placing in the competition. How many riders got points by virtue of being in a breakaway?  39 Crap! I wish I had kept track of that...  45 That (!) would have been a nice stat to report!  1

There were 514 different riders to choose from in the competition in 46 different teams participating in this half of the Spring Classics Competition.

And these are the riders that have ridden the most races in the competition:

Maarten Tjallingii Team Lotto NL - Jumbo 9
Alexander Kristoff Team Katusha 8
Zdenek Stybar Etixx - Quick-Step 8
Luke Rowe Team Sky 8
Matteo Trentin Etixx - Quick-Step 8
Tom Van Asbroeck Team LottoNL-Jumbo 8
Tyler Farrar MTN - Qhubeka 8
Florian Senechal Cofidis, Solutions Credits 8
Hugo Houle AG2R La Mondiale 8
Gijs Van Hoecke Topsport Vlaanderen - Baloise 8
Alexis Gougeard AG2R La Mondiale 8
Damien Gaudin AG2R La Mondiale 8
Maarten Wynants Team LottoNL-Jumbo 8

And here's a breakdown of how many riders rode how many races:

1 rider rode 9 races
12 riders rode 8 races
38 riders rode 7 races
63 riders rode 6 races
51 riders rode 5 races
43 riders rode 4 races
57 riders rode 3 races
77 riders rode 2 races
172 riders rode just 1 race

Jonas Lorenzen | 8 years ago
0 likes

10 transfers left... Took a chance at Scheldeprijs wich didn't pay off as expected...I'm like a kid in a candy store  36

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

I can't find Brian Bulgac (Team Lotto NL - Jumbo) in the game...

Rant | 8 years ago
0 likes

I cannot find Michael Valgren (TSB) in the game anywhere, yet he is listed as racing tomorrow in Amstel Gold. Any clues?

markwisdish | 8 years ago
0 likes

La Flèche seems to be set up for Thursday 23rd April but I'm pretty sure that it's on Wednesday 22nd April

markwisdish | 8 years ago
1 like

Thanks for sorting the la flèche deadline

Has anyone else noticed that there are zero rated riders that could in theory be selected in this comp (like S Conti)???

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Dave, can I get a download of all the rider scores for the Spring Classics competition so I can do my 'Best Purist Team Possible' after LBL?  8 If not, could you update the 'Rider Rankings' page to show all riders scores for the competition, since at any moment this page was only showing the riders participating in the upcoming stage? Thanks!

Dux89 | 8 years ago
1 like

Feel like this comp will come down to teams with Kwiatkowski vs. teams without.

Moist von Lipwig | 8 years ago
1 like

Well done.

I've been called a tool multiple times.

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

I know it's not the case, but the Finish Line points for Roubaix currently are stated as:

Finish line: Points awarded for the first 20 riders over the line in a race or stage. Unless otherwise stated: 35, 30, 25, 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points for the first 20 riders.

By the way, I was trying to see the rider scores for the other stages of the Spring Classics competition, but I can't see them. How do I do that?  39

Thats the standard, go below those notes and its says scoring notes for this stage and lists the points as 50,40,30 etc

The scores for all the other stages have been 50,40,30, to get to them you have to click on stages at the top when in the competition, then select the stage

_Kasper replied to Jonas Lorenzen | 8 years ago
0 likes
Jonas Lorenzen wrote:

10 transfers left...

Whew. Thats not a lot. I am sitting comfortably at 20 left.

enrique replied to Rant | 8 years ago
0 likes
Rant wrote:

I cannot find Michael Valgren (TSB) in the game...

Type in 'Valgren' and Michael Valgren Andersen shows up. That's him at 7.1 credits. It's just that the game has him as 'Michael Valgren Andersen' not just 'Michael Valgren'

backflipbedlem replied to _Kasper | 8 years ago
1 like
_Kasper wrote:
Jonas Lorenzen wrote:

10 transfers left...

Whew. Thats not a lot. I am sitting comfortably at 20 left.

hmm ive got 38 left. think maybe i havent been using enough!
and that was still with the week i messed up and brought in riders who werent racing

stenmeister | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oh come on, you're never going to pick those guys! Just pick a proper winning team like I did last year when I won Tour of Flanders  4

d_jp | 9 years ago
0 likes

Is it just me, or are Orica Greenedge not riding the Spring Classics...  39

They're not listed when I go to pick my team...??

d_jp | 9 years ago
0 likes

Have just answered my own question... They're not racing Omloop or KBK

Abbie | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm totally confused. Left it till the last minute cos I don't fully understand it. Looking at start list for the first 2. Think I'm Name dyslectic. Kinda wishing I hadn't gone premium.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

They have been since that update 2 hours ago....

1wrangler | 9 years ago
0 likes

I don't see Roy Jans on the startlist.

triccky100 | 9 years ago
0 likes

No sure if others are having the same problem but I can't find Jans, Coquard, Mareczko or Hutarovich

dc04dc | 9 years ago
0 likes

Same for me, although I find them in all riders. The list also says riders like Terpstra and Vandenbergh are starting. This makes it hard to pick a team.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

If a rider is grey you can still pick him and he will still score if he rides

I dont think Dave is about to update the startlists, i cant do it as im only on my mobile at the moment thus dont have the capabilities too.

But every rider should now be available via the list all riders button

Colin Peyresourde | 9 years ago
0 likes

My points don't seem to have been updated on my board.

Richard Whitmill | 9 years ago
0 likes

I didn't check my emails last night so only just saw the update this morning

The result of the changes means my team is over budget and I have missed the deadline for KBK! Not too happy about this as you can imagine!

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

....because of a glitch...rider values had to be redone... because of this issue. I have added another 5 transfers...

I guess this issue couldn't have been avoided, and i'd guess you took the options available to help by adding transfers, but maybe the burden shoudn't have been transferred to the game players... From a conceptual point of view, it would have made more sense to me to have adjusted the budget, but you may have not had that option...  39 Dave, would that have been possible?...  39

Aragonite | 9 years ago
0 likes

Seems unfair that people are being penalised for having an over budget KBK team, when it wasn't their fault. Would it not be possible to give them points for the KBK regardless?

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

(me, for example)  4

LukeClosely | 9 years ago
0 likes

Is the budget thing going to happen again if values are changed before strade bianche?

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

The values changed because, as I said to Dave. I'M A DICK....It wasn't until I changed the values to get the extra riders all to show up that I realised the effect it had on the game and also that I should have done it another way. Loaded them into another competition that wasn't live and put them back in.

Pages

Latest Comments