Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Thru-axle road fork with mudguard eyelets?

Is there such a thing? I've googled till my puny little fingers were sore, but haven't found any.

The Whisky No 9 would be pretty much perfect if only it had mudguard eyelets: http://whiskyparts.co/catalog/no9

I realise I could use clip-on guards, but for a bike that will have guards permanently installed I'd rather have eyelets.  2

- Carbon, so not too heavy
- 15mm thru-axle
- Mudguard eyelets
- Disc caliper mount (don't care if IS or Post mount)
- Tapered steerer
- Road, not CX

Does anyone know if such a fork exists at all?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

userfriendly | 9 years ago
0 likes

There's that option, yes. But how would you fit full-length guards to a fork without a mounting point at the crown?

Cyclosis | 9 years ago
0 likes

There aren't any on the market at the moment I'm afraid. Looking for the same thing myself. I emailed Whisky too, and asked for eyelets to be put on the wishlist for the next version — so good for them to get more people requesting it.

In the end it looks like I'm going to plump for the Whisky fork and use p-clips / my own fabricated solution. It looks like a good fork otherwise.

userfriendly | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, man. Appreciate it.

I've emailed Whisky Parts a few days ago asking if they were planning to add a version of the No 9 with eyelets at some point, but I haven't received a response from them.

The plan is to build a light and fast tourer in the summer, want to have a customised Excel frame built by Enigma. Guess I can future-proof that (sort of) by having it built thru-axle compatible for the rear, but go with QR in the front for the time being.

Will just have to keep an eye out over the next few months.

antigee | 9 years ago
0 likes

got to come someday - I've a QR disk CX bike that is used for road, gravel and sometimes singletrack. Next build will definitely be thru axle I can see why some bike mnfrs have gone that way - I'm a lightweight and not an aggressive descender and have managed to move the front wheel a few times - ok maybe lack of skills/attention fitting the wheel but worrying

other than the Whisky(s) not found any - sorry!

only other thru axle not on a ready built up bike but is on a chinese carbon CX frameset (sorry CX) and that appears to have some sort of incorporated threaded inserts - as I said will come I guess

http://www.miraclebikes.com/products/path0143/path0163/FirstLook-3A2015M...

though I'm sure someone will point out that the risk of not losing a wheel is matched by possible quality control issues with some frames bought direct, though this co' gets plenty of good reviews

Latest Comments