Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stubby fingered woman seeks similar gloves for long term relationship

Hi!

Does anyone else here have trouble buying gloves because they have regular/wide hands but short fingers? I have 7.5/8 cm wide hands, but lengthwise, by fingers are quite short. My LG gloves are okay, but there's a lot of excess fabric at the tips of my fingers.

Does anyone know of any brands that cater for this, or can suggest brands that come up a bit short in the finger anyway? not a problem in the warmer months, but winter is a pain!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

The _Kaner | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have the same problem - same circumference as you - longest finger is around 8.5cm to tip.
I have found Sealskinz 'small' to be just annoyingly too short on the fingers for me, though the actual hand circumference size is great - you might try a men's fit rather than a women's.
Sealskinz 'medium' is fine for the fingers (just slightly long), but the palm is loose and after about an hour, starts annoying me.
Have a look at Chiba winter gloves (Gel insert on palm), they're the best suited to my hand size/shape - with a silk liner glove for insulation on colder days.
If you can live with an unpadded glove, have a look at the Galibier Roubaix in a small...they have ample stretch in the fingers/circumference...but you may need a liner on colder days too...

kcmoon replied to The _Kaner | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for replying - I've measured my middle finger and it comes up at about 6.5cm which is even shorter than I had anticipated!! I might try on SealSkinz as suggested as they might actually be better. I think maybe what I need to do is get a very warm liner with stretch and then put a mitt over the top for the padding. It might solve my issue if the SealSkinz or Chiba don't fit.

Latest Comments