Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Road bike march trip destinations

Hi Everybody,

I'm after your opinions on trips to take with my bike at the end of March. I have to take the last week of March off (so 9 full days, Sat-Sun) and none of my friends are free to do anything so I'm thinking, take my bike and get some miles in. The interesting bit is I could go anywhere within reason... I had thought of redoing Lands End to Jon O'Groats again, but I think it'll be a tad cold in March in Scotland. Other thoughts were:

- Little tour on the ferry via Harwich into Holland/Belgium (would have to take largish saddlebag)
- Investigate routes in Japan (Seeing a lot of good stuff on Instragram). I went a few years ago without a bike.
- Mallorca
- Just stay in UK and get about a bit.

Does anyone have any interesting suggestions? Thanks in advance!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Rod Marton | 9 years ago
0 likes

The weather anywhere in Northern Europe can be a bit unpredictable in March! Having said that, given the opportunity I'd take the ferry over to the Hook. From there I'd head for the Eifel, Mosel valley and back via the Ardennes. This area has some of the best cycling I know, not exactly flat but superbly scenic, and the chance to bag a few classic Belgian climbs. Given the time of year it would be best to stay flexible on route and time, the Ardennes in particular can get really wet and it would be a good idea to allow some slack.

Latest Comments