Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bianchi Via Nirone 7

I am thinking of buying a Via Nirone. There are a few different different models of the Via for 2015. I presume this is down to the components.

Most other manufacturers above a certain level use the 105 groups. Does anyone know if the Via's have a groups of a similar quality or are you really paying for the frame and the heritage.

Torn between the Bianchi Via Nirone and the Cube Peloton SL

The Cube comes with components I recognise the names of whereas the Bianchi are a bit more unknown.

Budget i about £1000 and not fussed about carbon frame.

Any ideas?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

Vejnemojnen | 8 years ago
0 likes

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-r1-5.0-239527/wg_id-110  41 actual 8.1 kg approx.. with a very comfy handlebar and saddle

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-ignite-9.0-sl-239565/wg_id-110

if you also want a better frame&super flexy seatpost  1

Vejnemojnen | 8 years ago
0 likes

http://www.roadbike.de/test/rennrad/im-test-11-aluminium-rennraeder-ab-9...

scroll down to see the models. Use google translator to read the report on each individual model.

The Via Nirone has a sub-standard frame-fork IMHO compared to Canyon-Rose-Cannondale-Spesh-Trek .

Would not buy one myself, but after all, I am a rational guy who always seeks the best bang for buck.  1

Felt F75
Giant Defy0
Canyon Ultimate AL if you can afford it
Rose Pro
Radon R1 (radon-bikes.de)
Specialized Allez Comp

hmm..

or get some carbon breed. For the comfort&easy ride.
Or get a frameset and build it up with ultegra-105 components from merlin cycles and Zonda wheelset from bike-components.de  1  41

dunnoh | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have a Bianchi Impulso which is the one up. Its like triggers broom and basically everything has been replaced over time. I'm sure you can get cheaper, lighter etc However its done commuting for 3 years (every day of the week all year long), loads of sportives (etape flanders etc) and has survived some serious crashes and it still looks as good as new.

I may replace the frame at some point but I cant really justify it as its been so good. If you do get the Nirone then replace the brakes and tyres asap as they are utter rubbish. The rest wait until it wears out

Goldfever4 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Gonna put my hand up here and say I love my 2012 VN7. Gets loads of compliments and I had wheels made for its trip to the Pyrenees last year.

MiloSnowe | 8 years ago
0 likes

Ressurecting this thread for another option...
Recently bought a Via Nirone 7 frame and forks brand new from fleabay for a very reasonable price. Cheaper than I would have been able to buy a new alu frame and forks from PlanetX.
Bought all the components from reputable Internet dealers and managed to get a full Ultegra (yes I know should be Italian Campag but my other bikes are Shimano) with Zonda wheels (yes I know mixing Campag with Shimano but my vanity isn't great enough to allow me to spend an extra £50 for a name change to Fulcrum) with Deda stem and bars for around about the £1200ish mark.

Bike feels pretty quick and light when even compared to my Carbon Trek. Very happy.
I was in the same boat as you. Needed a new winter bike and always wanted a Bianchi but didn't want the low range components they ship with, so built it myself to my spec. Definitely glad I went Celeste, but it's too good to be a winter bike so I need another bike now....!!!

What did you go for in the end?

GustyCycling | 9 years ago
0 likes

Go for a test ride if you can.
When I got my bike a couple of years ago I had a test ride on the Via Nirone & then a Giant Defy 1, the Defy may have been uglier but it was a lot more fun to ride & you can't see how ugly it is when you're on it. I bought the Defy & have loved it for the last 18 months.

drbilly46 replied to GustyCycling | 9 years ago
0 likes

I was sorely tempted by the Defy, I've always had Giant up til now.they are great bikes too,but I felt compelled to get the Bianchi this time! Maybe I need a Defy too???

drbilly46 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have literally just bought a VN7, from Epic Cycles.excellent service, and a beautiful bike I would recommend to anyone after a sub £1k road bike that stands out a little. I went for Celeste, but im privileged that I dont listen too much to others opinions on subjective matters like colour. Buy one,and enjoy it!

MattT53 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Looks are worth considering!

I have an 8 year old via nirone that I still ride (despite having much newer and better spec'd bikes) on occasion, simply due to the fact it looks ace!

But yeah, in all seriousness the spec will suffer compared to some and the stock wheels may be a bit poor. You're not getting value for money with bianchi, though the frames are good.

ldm66 | 9 years ago
0 likes

thanks everyone. Looks like the general consensus is that unless you have a bigger budget, avoid the entry level Bianchi Via Narone.
Shame as they look great but I guess looks aren't everything!

Apparently the new 2015 Cube Peleton is very good value and comes with high quality components.

truffy | 9 years ago
0 likes

The specs for the UK are given here. Shimano groupsets are all sub-105.

RinseCharming | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have the 2012 model with Xenon components. While I've been very happy with it, in hindsight I definitely went with my heart rather than my head on this one.

I had always coveted a celeste Bianchi so had to scratch that itch. It's a beautiful bike but lighter and better spec'd machines are available from the likes of Planet X and Canyon. As mentioned before, the wheels are fairly agricultural and significantly add to the total weight.

burglarboycie | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hi there
Bianchis are undoubtedly very pretty bikes indeed, I have one on its way to me as we speak but at your budget I think there are many others that represent significantly better value for money. Have a look at Boardman and Canyon or the Planet X Pro Carbon. Boardman and Planet X will get you a carbon frame and good reliable components for your money and Canyon always offer excellent spec for the money but would not be carbon I don't think.
James

Shamblesuk | 9 years ago
0 likes

I had a 2011 Via Nirone and whilst it looked good the spec was poor value. The wheels and tyres in particular were very disappointing. Good frame if you want to upgrade but with hindsight and a bit more research I could have done a lot better. And indeed since, I have.

Latest Comments