Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Combining a Family Holiday and Training Camp

Hi

My wife and I would like a week of serious(ish) cycling during the Easter hols in the Canaries or Southern Spain. However, we have two kids who would need minding/entertaining whilst we're out for the morning.

Does anyone know of a company which offers anything like this?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

FrankieKJ | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hi,
I know you mentioned the Canaries and Southern Spain, but have you considered Majorca? My wife and I go about once a year with the kids and although I am the only one cycling the kids do join local kids clubs so my wife can have a holiday too. We rent through local agent:
http://www.nordvillaspollensa.com/rentals/villa-alcudia-can-iroca-ref_-m...
and send the kids to the local watersports and multiactivity club in Pollensa which is excellent. Alternatively, the yachtclub in Puerto Pollensa run water sport and sailing courses.

Good luck and hope you have a great time!

arfa | 9 years ago
0 likes

La Manga is worth a look (Geoff at la Manga cycling is the man to speak to) or alternatively the Aphrodite hills resort near paphos in Cyprus ticks all boxes

bashthebox | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just lock em in a room. You're allowed to do that with kids, right?

Scrufftie | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for mentioning Club La Santa. That sort of thing might work well. Our eldest is 13, so wouldn't need supervising much but our daughter is 11 and couldn't be left unsupervised for long. The kids' sports stuff here looks good.

upinthehills | 9 years ago
0 likes

My wife and I spent a week at Club la Santa just before Christmas. It would make a great venue for a combined family and cycling holiday.
Facilities are excellent for adults and children, lots of restaurants on site and in the surrounding villages. You have access to a decent Cannondale basic road bike free of charge and a top spec bike for a small surcharge. Didn't use either as we took our own.
Great children's pool and excellent staff. Couldn't rate the place more highly.

Only down side is the wind, its bloody windy all of the time it seems. It's ok but a bit tedious. Villages are nice and on the north west coast there are some cracking little beaches. Would give the whole thing 8/10.

fenix | 9 years ago
0 likes

Club la Santa has kids club.

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

I don't, but please do share if you find one! My wife doesn't ride, but I reckon she'd appreciate the morning off duty while I go out on the bike.

monkeytrousers | 9 years ago
0 likes

DIY.

Latest Comments