Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

CO2 canister replacements

After being one or two times too many late for work I have got myself a Lezyne CO2 pump for quick tube swaps. I was wondering where people find cheap standard canisters?

By the by, I often see discarded and crushed co2 canisters on the road and wonder if 'civvies' notice or know what they are. I give a tut for the 'community.'

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

crikey | 9 years ago
0 likes

I always carry one along with a pump, and manage to get through about one a year. Buying in bulk sounds attractive, but you probably won't need as many as you think.

bashthebox | 9 years ago
0 likes

Decathlon do cheap ones, I think.

Ahh, laughing gas. So much fun to be had.... think I'm a bit too old for it these days. Still, probably far less bad for you than having a few beers.

Man of Lard | 9 years ago
0 likes

If you want a real laugh, check out the mail restrictions for international... it includes "items made of a cellulose pulp" - like say "paper"...

In fact about the only thing you can send is railway rolling stock (except it has to be under the weight limit - so a really really lightweight railway carriage)

Yorkshie Whippet | 9 years ago
0 likes

Be very careful if they are set via Royal Snail as they treat them as explosives and confiscate them.

Man of Lard | 9 years ago
0 likes

Box of 30 threaded 16g cartridges from www.co2cartridges.co.uk for a smidge under 25 quid...

Heck of a lot more reasonable than 2 for £7 locally.

CXR94Di2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

You can get them in bulk packs 30 or more very cheaply. Now the problem I had was the diameter difference on the neck from the original cartridge and new bulk delivery items were slightly different and wouldn't fit. But I decided to open out the holder casing ever so slightly. Worked a treat, I have enough stock of co2 for a few years if not more. But it doesn't matter for the next 3 months, as I have broken my foot  20

turboprannet | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's more likely that the empties you see at NO2 that kids have been huffing. It's a big problem and I see loads in Bristol.

You can buy them on Amazon or ebay, threaded ones are used for cycling and air guns and you can find them cheaper for shooting than you would at some bike shops.

Myself I bought a load in bulk when they were on cheap somewhere

jollygoodvelo replied to turboprannet | 9 years ago
0 likes
turboprannet wrote:

It's more likely that the empties you see at NO2 that kids have been huffing. It's a big problem and I see loads in Bristol.

You can buy them on Amazon or ebay, threaded ones are used for cycling and air guns and you can find them cheaper for shooting than you would at some bike shops.

Myself I bought a load in bulk when they were on cheap somewhere

As you say, threaded ones are used for shooting. If you see a lot dumped by the side of a rural road it's likely that you have some travelling folk in the area who've been lamping.

Latest Comments