Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Garmin 810 and Shimano Di2

Hi All

If you're 100% old school, look away now!

Is anyone else out there using their Garmin 810 (or possibly 1000) in conjunction with Shimano Di2?

I can display the gear I'm in and battery level but I can't seem to operate the Garmin using the Dura-Ace lever-top buttons. Has anyone had any joy?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

watlina | 9 years ago
0 likes

It looks like you've got the 3.40 Garmin Firmware on your 810 and the SM-EWW01 working as you've got the gear and battery data.

Only the ST-9070 levers have the buttons but I guess you must have them as you mention Dura-Ace and the SM-EWW01 is only for E-tube which is 9070.

Certainly for the 1000 some people have found you need to change the function of the buttons on the Garmin then change them back to 'page change' to get them to work.
On the 1000 it's. Go in to the sensors menu of the Garmin, select the Di2 Sensor, then Sensor Details, then Dura Ace Remote Setup.

The buttons are configurable for 4 functions based on each button having a short or long press. With the avalible functions being :-

Next Page
Previous Page
Record Lap
Start and Stop Timer
Start Timer
Stop Timer
Turn Backlight On
Show Map
Show Compass
Show Elevation Profile
Show Lap Summary
Show Virtual Partner

My levers are R785 so no buttons  2

Scrufftie replied to watlina | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thank, Watlina. I have tried changing the selections for the buttons but I'll try again as you're not the first to mention that this could jolt the buttons into action.

Latest Comments