Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

In search of a Heart Rate Monitor in the form of a watch that also works with Strava

Does such a a device exist? I''m looking for a Heart Rate Monitor that would work with Strava, but one that comes in the form of a watch with it's own display as well as Bluetooth 4.0; this is so that I could also use it on runs. If this doesn't exist then what would be the best alternative?

Thanks

Adam

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Billj | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yes, definitely will connect - it's all through bluetooth 4.0 so very straight forward. Probably aren't any videos as it's a relatively new product.

alaurence | 9 years ago
0 likes

That looks really great, I might just save up for the Fuse! However I haven't found any videos online of people showing it connecting to Strava in-ride as opposed to afterwards; are you 100% sure it can function in the same way as the Mio Alpha for example (see video below)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vRoGaISbxk

Billj | 9 years ago
0 likes

Mio Fuse or Mio Alpha http://www.mioglobal.com/uk/products.htm fit your spec perfectly but both are above your budget.

With optical HRM being only relatively recently released, prices are still high. I managed to get the Mio link for under £60 on a black friday deal but that doesn't have a display. Highly recommend it, so much more convenient than a chest strap.

However, they've just released the Mio Alpha 2, so you may start to see some discounts on the original version.

alaurence replied to Billj | 9 years ago
0 likes

That looks really great, I might just save up for the Fuse! However I haven't found any videos online of people showing it connecting to Strava in-ride as opposed to afterwards; are you 100% sure it can function in the same way as the Mio Alpha for example (see video below)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vRoGaISbxk

David Arthur @d... | 9 years ago
0 likes

You could check out the TomTom Cardio GPS Watch. I've just started testing one, and it seems to do most of what you want. The heart rate sensor appears to work well, it uploads to Strava after a ride, it can connect to other cycling sensors (even a HRM strap if you want to fix the watch to the bars). And it works for run; it has many modes, even swimming. It's a bit above your budget though.

I'm not sure there are any watches with an optical sensor within your budget, but I might be wrong. There's also the Fitbit Charge HR which looks like it might serve your needs, but again it's well above your budget

alaurence | 9 years ago
0 likes

Both good suggestions, but both don't do what I'm looking for which is a Heart Rate Monitor that can connect to Strava while I'm riding as well as being a watch so that I can use it for runs. Also my budget is under £60.

LondonDynaslow | 9 years ago
0 likes

Garmin Forerunner?

getfast (not verified) | 9 years ago
0 likes

Have you looked at Suunto?

Latest Comments