Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

seat post help

does anyone else find they have to have there seat post really high to be comfy on a bike to the point your feet cant touch the ground ?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

big mick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Theres two settings one is for learning,your feet can touch the ground though you will be too low to peddle at your best.You see children in that position all the time.Then setting two is set to peddle at your best and stop for nothing.Thats just the way it is.Seeing that you need to peddle 99.9% position two works for me thats for sure.  4

njkacher | 9 years ago
0 likes

Agreed - if you want to put one foot down while keeping the other clipped in you'll need to slide yourself down in front of the seat.

MKultra | 9 years ago
0 likes

Extending the toe ballet dancer style to prop your self up at angle is to be expected if your saddle height is right.

matthewn5 | 9 years ago
0 likes

That's why you see roadies sat on the bar when waiting for something to happen.

andyp | 9 years ago
0 likes

...unless the bike is canted over at quite an angle.

redmeat | 9 years ago
0 likes

Your feet shouldn't be able to touch the ground when you're sat on the saddle...

therevokid | 9 years ago
0 likes

If i set my mtb sale to road bike height then yes, my road bikes ... no. tip toe, but
i can get at least one down.
are you sure you're not seeing it too high ???

surly_by_name replied to therevokid | 9 years ago
0 likes
therevokid wrote:

my road bikes ... no. tip toe, but i can get at least one down.

+1.

Latest Comments