Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Truvativ Elita GXP spare chainrings - where to buy?

I've got a boardman comp 2010 model which came with a Truvativ Elita GXP (powered by SRAM) double chainset. I'm about to replace the cassette and chain (which are toast) and so really should replace at least the small ring on the front too. However I have looked at all the main online retailers and a few smaller (but good ones) and can't find spares for this anywhere. The particular one I'm looking for is the 36 tooth (36-V1-110).

Anyone know of somewhere I could find this? I've tried Wiggle, CRC, Merlin, SJS, Evan, even amazon...

Thanks,
Mark

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

mixmaestromark | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ok thats interesting, so as long as the BCD is the same the TA/Stronglight rings should be compatible with my crankset and a standard 9 speed SRAM chain?

joemmo replied to mixmaestromark | 9 years ago
0 likes
mixmaestromark wrote:

Ok thats interesting, so as long as the BCD is the same the TA/Stronglight rings should be compatible with my crankset and a standard 9 speed SRAM chain?

yes that's correct.

Flying Scot | 9 years ago
0 likes

Spa cycles have a large stock of chainrings, just match the BCD as the above posts say and I can confirm that TA and Stronglight are among the best you can buy.

joemmo | 9 years ago
0 likes

you don't need the SRAM chainrings specifically, in fact in my experience of those chainsets and similar (Apex level) they wear quite quickly. The best thing would be to upgrade to something better from TA, Stronglight or similar

Man of Lard | 9 years ago
0 likes

No worries - I took a wee while to convince myself that it was the right part from your description.

Mind, given the SRAM part number you can probably now step into your LBS and get them to order it in... zooming in on the pic on bicyclehero yields all the necessary markings etc.

therevokid | 9 years ago
0 likes

try petra cycles ... they had some sram 36t last time i needed one

Man of Lard | 9 years ago
0 likes

I just did a quick bit of googlage and it looks like the *cranks* are branded as Elita GXP but the chainrings aren't:

https://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/2012_truvativ_spc_rev_...

See pp13-14 for the part number 11.6215.183.000

Further googlage revealed this http://www.bicyclehero.com/gb/sram-road-bike-chainring-36t-double-v1-110...

Maybe easily findable elsewhere - that was the first I found.

mixmaestromark replied to Man of Lard | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nice one MoL, your googling skills are clearly far superior to mine! Thanks for this. Bit embrassing really. I did manage to find the chainring in the SRAM catalogue but I didn't realise it was an actual sram part.

Like you say they are available at a few places, including Amazon...

Thanks again for the assistance.
Mark

Latest Comments