Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Help needed with new bike.

I'm making the jump from mountain biking to the road and plan to do a few events this year that are challenging!
I'm after a more relaxed comfortable bike that will be good at 100 mile+ rides over rougher terrain.
The bike needs to be good at climbing as I have a few trips planned to the alps.

After lots of research I've got it down to these two bikes. Others made the list but due to supply issues they were dropped.

The two bikes are:
KTM revelator sky with mechanical gearing
Rose xeon cdx 3000

My main concerns are over the KTM geometry been more aggressive than I might want.
Also I like to use a uk based shop "just in case" so I'm not 100% sure of rose even thought they get good reviews.

All help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Rob

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Leodis | 8 years ago
0 likes

I bought a Rose Pro DX 3000 hydr from Rose a couple of months back and have had nothing but problems with it. Contacted their customer service and they are shit to be honest other than me buying parts and sending them back and waiting for refunds, wish I had bought a bike in the UK and just returned the whole lot.

I fell for the high spec low price but the build quality just hasnt been there for a day to day commuter for me.

OhYesWell replied to Leodis | 8 years ago
0 likes
Leodis wrote:

I bought a Rose Pro DX 3000 hydr from Rose a couple of months back and have had nothing but problems with it. Contacted their customer service and they are shit to be honest other than me buying parts and sending them back and waiting for refunds, wish I had bought a bike in the UK and just returned the whole lot.

I fell for the high spec low price but the build quality just hasnt been there for a day to day commuter for me.

what problems have you had? Seems an odd choice of bike for commuting...
Only had my CDX-3000 just over a week & it arrived properly assembled; only done about 60 miles so far but no problems, just thoroughly enjoying the combination of speed & comfort with the novelty of disc-brakes.
Have you contacted their UK rep at all or just dealt with the factory? This forum thread seems to have a lot of happy customers http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12988016

Leodis replied to OhYesWell | 8 years ago
0 likes

finlay paton replied to Leodis | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi Leo

Please send me an email on fin [at] rosebikes.co.uk

I'd be happy to help with any issues you may have

hsiaolc replied to Leodis | 8 years ago
0 likes
Leodis wrote:

What problems were you having? If you had the problems from the start why didn't you send the bikes back?

So far their customer service has been quite good so not sure why you got that impression. It also seems like the other Rose owners thinks their customer service is not too bad.

I commute with my Rose Xeon CDX 3000 Di2 for a year and no problems with it at all. Well I did have wheel problem but they picked up both wheels and going to send me new ones. You can only give praise for this kind of service where you will not get from other direct sales bike company.

hsiaolc | 8 years ago
0 likes

I can recommend Rose CDX as well. Have one myself and it works fine on the road. It is a road bike with a relaxed geo like Giant and it is very good.
I have the Di2 and I love the Di2.

dofkop | 8 years ago
0 likes

Rob

Not sure if you've made a decision yet - you probably have. I just had to set the record straight after Davey's comment. The Rose CDX is not a cross bike. It is a road disc bike.

I had my Ribble R872 stolen in Feb and have just taken delivery of my new Rose CDX. I went for the SRAM Force version (CDX-4400) after years of feeling underwhelmed by Shimano groupsets. All I can say is that words escape me. The CDX frameset is astounding and the SRAM Force groupset absolutely destroys the Ultegra it replaces. The bike is, to all intents and purposes, perfect. I could not improve it. So glad I didn't go for Di2, as I was contemplating. And this is all in at 7.3kg!! The lightest disc bike I've seen by a fair margin.

What's more is the Rose CDX has recently won two separate road disc group tests in German magazines (sadly it's not been tested in the UK) - even beating far more expensive BMC's and Cannondale Hi Mod's. It's a pity it wasn't part of the BOTY test in Cycling Plus. I think it could've won it easily.

Anyway, if you've not made a decision, I think it's an easy one.

Rob

Daveyraveygravey | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm guessing the Rose is a cross bike from the "cdx " which if you're on Tarmac only I would think there are better ways of spending your money.
The UK shops that rival Rose are all in the north; Planet X in Sheffield, Dolan in Ormskirk (?) and Sensa (Merlin cycles) in Preston. Ribble in Lancs too.
What is it about the two bikes you like and what is your budget? You want lightness, a compact chainset and a cassette with a 28 or bigger.

Latest Comments