Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

FYI: Strava Auto-Pause bug/issue

Hi,

Just a friendly warning for those of us who use Strava, in one of the recent updates they've changed (and apparently broken) the auto-pause function. It's something that's worked fine for me for the last year, but when I went out this morning recording was paused after 1.5 hours when I stopped for five minutes - and then never restarted losing the last 2.5 hours of my ride.

There are a lot of complaints on the Strava site about this, it's definitely a Strava problem as the Google Fit app correctly recorded the whole ride. The solution for now seems to be to disable "auto-pause for rides" (under settings), this of course means that time spent eating cake/waiting at traffic lights is now decreasing your average speed unless you manually pause the ride.

I'm not sure how long this has been a problem, I've only been doing short rides recently due to the weather that haven't necessitated a break, this is the first time I've done a long ride in a couple of months.

Not a good start to my attempt to break last years mileage total!

On the plus side, I love my new Castelli Gabba xmas present - I can see why a lot of people rave about this top.

Cheers,

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

paz | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've run Endomondo and Strava apps in parallel on my Android phone (Moto G) before without problems. Exporting the GPX from the Endomondo site is very easy (unlike MapMyRide).

sergius | 9 years ago
0 likes

What other applications are there for Android do you know? It's not something I've ever looked into really.

I've been contemplating a Garmin for a while anyway so this might tip me over the edge.

DaveE128 | 9 years ago
0 likes

A workaround (with a bit of a hassle fator) is to log the ride with another app alongside Strava, and then if there is data missing, delete the Strava ride, and upload a GPX file from the other app.

Kapelmuur | 9 years ago
0 likes

No problems with my Garmin 500.

JoshCroxton1 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've lost around 70 miles of data over the last 2 weeks due to this. Even after turning off auto pause, my ride yesterday ran for 3 minutes before stopping.

Time for a Garmin me thinks..

Latest Comments