Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

wide feet

Happy New Year to all,this is my first time on here.This subject as probably been on before but here goes,I am lookinig for a shoe that has a very wide fit(looking to get shoes for road bike with cleats,first time also)I have tried the Northwave Escape and these although are move moutain bike these were still to tight,even being half size bigger than I normally take.All replies and help would be very much appreciated.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

hardgrit | 9 years ago
0 likes

Bont. I have wide fit and have their vapor plus in a wide fit. Awesome

spicypedro | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'd definitely look at Shimano. I'm a size EU50/wide and they're the only shoes I can get to fit me.

Steve7 | 9 years ago
0 likes

many thanks for replies  1

pcaley | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have very wide feet but found Shimano R075 shoes to be just wide enough when I bought them about 4 years ago - still wearing them today! The latest version is the R078 which is currently on Merlin cycles for £49.99 with 5% extra discount until Monday. If you spend £8 more and go for R088 they come with the option of a wide fit in sizes 42 and above.

dunnoh | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sidi Genius 5 Mega (the mega is their wide fitting). I'm wide and my brothers feet are like flippers and they are superb. I have worn my Sidis for 2 solid years including commuting everyday and they have been fabulous.

DavidC replied to dunnoh | 9 years ago
0 likes
dunnoh wrote:

Sidi Genius 5 Mega ... I have worn my Sidis for 2 solid years including commuting everyday and they have been fabulous.

My Genius 5 Megas date back to 2009 and they're still in fine condition, just a bit scuffed on the sole, and one of the buckles broke a few months ago (which was easy to replace). With an occasional wash the uppers still look very good.

The original insoles were very flat and uncomfortable for me, so they were replaced with a pair of these, which were not expensive, quite comfortable and they last a long time:
http://profoot.co/product/2oz-miracle-insoles-mens

runskiprun | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'd suggest the dhb tri shoes. cheapish and easy fit for us flipper footed!

Latest Comments