Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Winter tights

Morning all,
Can you suggest any winter tights (with pad) that would be good for the next few months especially in Cambridgeshire where although not really cold, is windy? I have looked at Howies and Rapha though the latter seems to be out of stock completely on the website and in the two UK shops.
Choice is bewildering!
Thank you.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

welshman001 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the replies. I have opted for a pair of Howies padded and dhb Vaeon Zero so now just waiting for the postman! Thanks again.

Nixster | 9 years ago
0 likes

Depends on your budget old chap.
I 'mostly be wearing' dhb Vaeon Roubaix tights around the same neck of the woods as you. Although having recently put a hole in them by falling off have been looking at Sportful Fiandre No Rain (£80) as they have additional wind blocking around the knees and I get on with their stuff. A cheaper option again is Decathalon's membrane tights at about £50 which also offer wind blocking.
We're I to come in to money I'd be getting the Castellis mentioned above but falling off would then be three times as expensive!
So there you go, options from £50 to £150+...

Jez Ash | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dhb are best for value, Castelli Sorpasso as above are excellent if you can stomach the price. Also check out the new ones from Stolen Goat, we've got some in to test at the moment so there will be a review at some point - they claim to offer warmth plus water resistance so that sounds promising and they're priced below the posh options (Castelli, Rapha etc)

welshman001 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Great, thanks all. Appreciated.

Bazza155 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have some DHB thermal bibtights, they have a pad and are warm, cosy and reasonably priced.

OnTheRopes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Castelli Sorpasso Windstopper Bibtights
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-sorpasso-windstopper-bibtight/

I have a pair and they are warm, water resistant and windproof, great quality and nice cut

wycombewheeler replied to OnTheRopes | 9 years ago
0 likes

cheaper on chain reaction at the moment. just ordered some

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/castelli-sorpasso-bib-tights-aw14/rp-...

Latest Comments