Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Whyte Dorset frame size check. Do I need a shorter stem

Hi All

I have recently purchased a Whyte Dorset 56cm

The frame size 56cm lists the frame as fitting 5'9"-6' 0". I am 5'11 1/2" tall so at the edge of the frame recomendations from Whyte.

I did the usual of going for a smaller size if close to the change point in frame size and got the shop to get a 56cm.

I had a stand over/sit on the bike at the shop and there is 1" ish of room over the top tube and the bike salesman checked my position on the bike with the pedals horizontal and resting on the hoods. He seemed to think that I'd gone for the right size.

Although the White sizing seems to suggest I'm on the large side for the frame, it does feel as though it's a large bike. I have no idea how someone 5' 9" would stand over the frame :-0

So I'm hoping that you fine chaps and ladies could help me with the sizing guides to see if it would be the correct size for me  7

As I already own the bike  7 I'm hoping if it is too big, I can just go from a 110cm stem to a 100cm if needed.

I'll send the pics of the Geometry of the Whyte and my Wrench size guide plus a pic of my bike on the turbo trainer to show the seat post height if that helps.

Many Thanks in advance.

Richard

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Ruby2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Here's a sizing chart I've also found for Whyte showing the 56cm as Large and going from 5'9-6'0" with surprisingly enough a bit of an overlap to the Extra large from 6'0" :-0
It's the bottom centre of the chart.

Ruby2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

.....and here is the pic of the bike on my bike on the turbo trainer.

Ruby2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Here's my Wrench Science size suggestion.

Ruby2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Here's the Geometry from Whyte

Latest Comments