Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Orro Oxygen - anyone ridden one?

Thoughts please! http://www.orrobikes.com/bikes/orro-oxygen/buy?action=optionselect&id=4

I'm looking at it as a replacement for my stolen Boardman Team carbon. I was toying with disc brakes but I think in my price range I'm better to stick with calipers.

Also like the look of a semi compact 52/36 with an 11 speed 12-32 on it. So if anyone has been riding that what do you think of it? I had a compact 12-30 on my old bike and loved the 30, but did bottom out with the 12 34. NB I do a lot of riding in the Alps and long distance days, and have an ongoing knee issue so am pretty sensitive to gearing and need to be able to spin.

thanks, Ali

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Mrmiik | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've seen the Orros in a bike shop I use in the UK. Lovely looking bike. If it was my money I would only consider the Campy Chorus build.

Charger65 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've just done the first 10 Miles on my Oxygen as soon as on got home in the dark. The bike feels very light and responsive. The 105 shifters are very good and the full 105 drive feels good and quick.

The gearing is very good and after coming from a hybrid to the Orro it feels like I'm learning to ride all over again.

I would recommend this bike to anyone want a full carbon bike at this price. At some stage the wheels will be changed and the white bar tape, apart from that nothing else is planned

Daveyraveygravey | 9 years ago
0 likes

I haven't ridden one yet but it is high on my list. Partly because it will be my LBS and I will feel involved in the build, partly because I should be able to get it on CTW. The online offerings are amazing value, but this looks to me almost as good a deal plus more personal involvement from me and more back up if it goes wrong.

I also like the mid compact; I currently have a 53/39 and 12-27, and everyone I ride with who has a compact climbs a little bit faster than me, and I think it takes less out of them. I haven't been beaten by a hill yet, but I think a 36 small will make enough of a difference on the steep hills and a 52 is better for the rest of the time.

(I'm also looking at Cannondale Supersix, Canyon 8.0, Sensa Aquila, maybe a Rose, all around £1500. The Sensa is less than 7 kilos (they say!))

Latest Comments