Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

High end bike stability dilemma!!

Last summer I had a nasty fall on my bike and broke my patella and snapped my knee tendons resulting in just coming out of support before Christmas and two bouts of physio every week. I have a Planet X pro carbon which has served me well but to say it's twitchy is an understatement ( enter injury ). My confidence has taken a knock so have decided to sell my bike and look for a more stable ride. I'm lucky enough to have some money saved so have started the long process of whittling down the options, I have around £5k to spend.
I have narrowed my list to the trek domane 6.9 disk and the cannondale synapse high mod black disk. Both are dura ace di2 and disk brakes and more importantly stable endurance bikes that are light and stiff as I don't want a spongy bike. I have a test ride planned with both ( albeit with lower specked varieties, not di2 ) . What I'm interested in knowing is will there be a difference in feel from the lower specked bikes and has anybody out there ridden either bike?
And is it worth the extra for di2? ( having not ridden with this).

Thanks in advance .

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

CXR94Di2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Di2 is fantastic, especially multi shift feature. I wouldn't of thought ride stability would be any different on a lower spec bike.

Latest Comments