Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Mio Cyclo 505HC UK

Hello All,
First of all, I have just arrived on the site so apologies if I ask some numpty questions on here!
I am in the market for a cycle computer and I am looking at the Mio Cyclo 505HC UK which is being advertised for around GBP 280.00 which seems fair value for what you get in the box.
So, can anyone can help out on if this is value for money for what you get and ease of use of the unit itself as well as the functionality?
Thanks upfront!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

GiGax73 | 2 months ago
0 likes

Good morning everyone, I recently purchased a Mio Cyclo 405 HC, I think it was NOS (new old stock).
Perfect product for my needs, unfortunately I can't use all its features.
In particular, with the "cyclo agent" program I can load the maps of interest but I cannot match the navigator with my "My Share" profile (and therefore komoot).
As soon as I connect the 405 HC to the PC with the microUSB cable, the message appears that it is not paired with my profile, and none of the menus indicated in the Cyclo Agent user manual appear.
I tried emailing the manufacturer's support center but never heard back.

Who can give me advice?

amazon22 | 9 years ago
0 likes

The 505 HC UK includes a heart rate monitor and cadence sensor - the cheapest you'll get this model is £280 from box.co.uk. I had one for some cycle touring through the summer - worked pretty well by and large. The latest firmware updates improve functionality a lot - adding swipe screens for instance.

My main priority was turn by turn navigation and it does this very well - I plotted routes using bikehike and uploaded them to the Mio. You can start the route anywhere along its distance and it won't send you back to the start and if you deviate from the route it will recalculate in a few seconds. You get a countdown beep approaching a turn and if your screen is on data it will switch to the map. All very good. Wasn't overly interested in analysing data because I ran Endomondo on my phone in the background anyway. Maps were OSM and TeleAtlas - you can choose - neither are that good but they do the job of showing where you are. Screen definition is way better than Garmin 800/810, but still nowhere near a mobile phone. Mio's web portal is truly crap. The new Cyclo Agent brings full Mac compatability and it works well.

Ease of use - 8/10. Functionality 8/10. Value for money? Up to you, cycle gps's are too expensive against alternatives. I think the future is a mobile with a separate screen such as the Wahoo RFLKT.

welshman001 replied to amazon22 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Brilliant. Thanks loads - really appreciated.

dotdash | 9 years ago
0 likes

I got mine for around £230 from Box.co.uk, the only difference between the 305 and the 505 is wireless uploads.

I have the 505 and when I could use it it's been great.

Gareth W-R | 9 years ago
0 likes

Around the £200 ish mark

Gareth W-R | 9 years ago
0 likes

I find mine works good as long as you make sure you keep it up to date. Take a look on here there have been some issues ( I have had a few myself ) but all in all it has been great. I did pay less than that though.
Check out sports pursuit as every now and then they have these pretty cheap.

Latest Comments