Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

First road bike

I want a road bike but don't have a clue about what makes a good bike so any help is welcome

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

I would 100% advise going to your local bike shop. If you have the cash and look for older models you can get decent deals. I have always brought from a LBS and generally got the same price given a tenner or so than you get off the web.

matthewn5 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Have you actually ever ridden a bike Nathan? Perhaps a bit of context would help. Budget. Expectations. Go and see if you can test ride one in a shop and report back etc.

asinglecrumpet | 9 years ago
0 likes

We can't help you much without a rough budget and a vague idea of what sort of road riding you will be doing? Commuting? Casual weekend rides to loose the Christmas belly? Sportives? Racing? Cyclocross? Down the skatepark dodging scooters?

My bike is made of metal, has two wheels and cost me an amount of pounds. I like it but you might not.

In all fairness a few clues would be nice, there are a lot a variables and what one person might define as a "good bike" wouldn't work for someone else.

Wow didn't realise I was in a bad mood until just now... Grinch mode disengage.

p.s. you posted this twice.

Latest Comments