Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Astana have lost another one!

Artur Fedosseyev has tested positive for androgenic anabolic steroids! They only need to read Tyler's book to read about how to dope and get away with it? But they are taking steroids that can be detected up to 18 months later?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

SideBurn | 9 years ago
0 likes

You have echoed my thoughts on this with your comments; I could understand a rider getting caught in an 'out of competition' test. Or missing a number of tests because you know you are 'glowing' (within the time that you are likely to test positive after doping). But these are 'in competition' tests? A reasonable person would know that if they did well, or were randomly selected they would be tested? I hope that this is, "desperate kids do desperate things with predictable results" as you say Jimmy and not evidence of organised 'Armstrong' style doping. Can't we move on?

Super Domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes

41 thanks NFE.

I did note Vino has only 'suspended' the continental team too. This could run and run methinks!

Given the usual uproar about Froome, etc there seems little chatter about Nibbles round here!!

Super Domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes

It is a shame for the sport and highlights why sponsors pull out and teams struggle.

Oh and quote of the week:

“The young riders are crazy if they still haven't understood that there is no place for doping in cycling,” Gazzetta dello Sport reported Vinokourov as saying.

notfastenough replied to Super Domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes
Super Domestique wrote:

“The young riders are crazy if they still haven't understood that there is no place for me in cycling,” Gazzetta dello Sport reported Vinokourov as not saying.

There, fixed it for you!

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Apart from the Iglinsky brothers, all the rest have been part of the (now disbanded - so Vino says) Continental team....

The Astana BePink Womens team have dropped the Astana for next year and back to being BePink, it seems like there are alot of people wanting to distance themselves from this mess...

Al__S replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

The Astana BePink Womens team have dropped the Astana for next year and back to being BePink, it seems like there are alot of people wanting to distance themselves from this mess...

ah, that's a missing part of the puzzle- I'd seen that Astana were starting a new Women's team and hadn't figured how it all fitted in.

I reckon the suggestion that there's no organised doping may be a good guess- it's all so cack handed!

Jimmy Ray Will | 9 years ago
0 likes

Could the irony be that there is no organised doping programme at Astana?

Plus I'd imagine after some positives, the team will be a red hot target for the anti doping authorities, so if there is anything going on, they are going to get caught.

Or.... there is something more sinister going on.

My gut though is that desperate kids do desperate things with predictable results.

I do get it though, in the height of the blood manipulation years, many more basic doping methods fell out of common practice, and now these are being 'rediscovered', but unfortunately the tests are still as established as they ever were.

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

FFS, this is getting silly. There's a piece of the puzzle missing here, isn't there? Why would you dope using substances that can be traced?

Possible reasons I can think of:

They believed what someone else told them, i.e. "it's untraceable, innit?!" - possible, but surely if you're going to risk your career you'd read about the stuff on the internet first?

They were dosing wrong or using masking agents incorrectly, or not adhering to all the relevant windows regarding glowtime etc

They simply thought they wouldn't be caught, but this must mean they thought they wouldn't be tested, or if they were, their transgression would be ignored.

Any others?

Latest Comments