Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

PlanetX RT-57

Hello, i'm interested in purchasing my first road bike and I have came across the PlanetX RT-57 with Sram Force 22 for £999.99, since I am new to this i'm not sure what to look for because this looks like a amazing bike for the price, but it also looks too good to be true. Can I please get other people's advice. The link to the bike is - http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FBPXRT57FORCE22/planet-x-rt-57-sram-force-2....

Thank you

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

gusm41 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I bought the pro carbon with the rival 22 group set last week, so far well pleased.

FMOAB | 9 years ago
0 likes

Great frame, raced by my son for the past year with no complaints. Well at least none about the bike  4

JimRT57 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have the SRAM Force 20 equipped RT57 and have done for 2 years.
It is a very stiff bike but a change to a carbon seat post and bars, plus decent wheels and tyres has helped. Not enough clearance at the back for 25mm tyres though.
Mine has covered many miles in all conditions and has been no less reliable than some of my clubmates £"X", ooo bikes.
My former housemate had a Pro carbon and was equally please with that. For the record he now competes for GB in the World Triathlon series! So if PX is good enough for him...........
I really do like my RT57 a lot and the new one has internal cable routing so it looks better. Makes maintainance a pain in the ar#e though.

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

What ever you decide, do it quick, because Planet X change their prices all the time!
If it seems to good to be true, it is because they will only have that price on there for a short amount of time! Then they'll bump up the price again.
I got stung that way with the Pro Carbon and full Ultegra 6800 for £999 seemed too good, and finally went to buy but they had added £200 to the cost 20 minutes before I ordered it. Gutted!

If you want it, order it now!!

therevokid | 9 years ago
0 likes

had the nanolight that came before it ... ace bike that rode really well. sold, reliable,
no issues at all.

Root0x | 9 years ago
0 likes

My problem is not the geometry of the bike, race geometry is what I am looking for , my problem is the quality of the bike itself because because im not sure how they are able to create a £1000 bike with force 22 and be carbon.

Flying Scot | 9 years ago
0 likes

The 57 is more ' race' than the 58, I would try it first, seeing as it's your first road bike, it's maybe too aggressive.

Latest Comments