Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

British Cycling Wiggle 12% Discount?

Has this discount ended?

Can't seem to get on to the Wiggle shop on Britishcycling.org.uk...

I also reached a page with the following message:

"We will shortly be introducing a fantastic new offer for members with a leading online retailer. It will take us a couple of weeks to make this available online - it should be up and running by December.

Keep an eye on Member News and our Facebook page for more information. It will be worth the wait!"

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

Sidi 700c | 9 years ago
0 likes

I don't shop at wiggle. Far too many things are priced higher than at other places. They have to pay for their TV ad's, see.

fukawitribe replied to Sidi 700c | 9 years ago
0 likes
Sidi 700c wrote:

I don't shop at wiggle. Far too many things are priced higher than at other places. They have to pay for their TV ad's, see.

No, not really. Adverts aside (think i've seen two or three period, can't remember the last time I saw one), their prices seem generally higher than others for some things, less then others for other things and they also have a well priced and pretty well respected in-house brand of clothing.

Pretty much a mixed bag - sounds like that for what you want they don't make financial sense, fair enough, but mind if I ask what types of item you're looking for ?

James Warrener | 9 years ago
0 likes

I wonder if they are launching their own store to keep the money in-house?

wellcoordinated | 9 years ago
0 likes

Not very good to withdraw something that was and advertised benefit without letting members know. I realise it is going to be replaced, but it's a bit sloppy.

Anyway why not use Quidco and get a bit more discount off Wiggle and Halfords?

AWP replied to wellcoordinated | 9 years ago
0 likes
wellcoordinated wrote:

Not very good to withdraw something that was and advertised benefit without letting members know. I realise it is going to be replaced, but it's a bit sloppy.

How does Quidco work?

Jez Ash replied to wellcoordinated | 9 years ago
0 likes
wellcoordinated wrote:

How did I not know that Wiggle was on Quidco? Only 3% though but it adds up. Quidco is ace.

Beefy | 9 years ago
0 likes

I was hoping to use discount recently but it no longer seems to be available though BC didn't bother telling members.

Oolon Colluphid | 9 years ago
0 likes

The Halfords 10% discount is very handy, as they now stock a surprising amount of top end gear.

jollygoodvelo | 9 years ago
0 likes

Agreed, never used the discount. It's just their platinum rate, which I seem to have anyway despite not actually spending £500 with them.

Whereas the Halfords 10% has saved me well over £100 so far.

TeamExtreme | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm, right you are.

That Wiggle discount was a joke anyway, only being valid for 12% off RRP when most things on there are routinely discounted 20% of "RRP" or more. If you do get the odd chance to use it, even with the 12% discount, it's almost always cheaper to buy elsewhere. I've been a member for 3 years and used it once.

Hopefully their new partnership is more worthwhile.

BikeBud replied to TeamExtreme | 9 years ago
0 likes
TeamExtreme wrote:

Hmmm, right you are.

That Wiggle discount was a joke anyway, only being valid for 12% off RRP when most things on there are routinely discounted 20% of "RRP" or more. If you do get the odd chance to use it, even with the 12% discount, it's almost always cheaper to buy elsewhere. I've been a member for 3 years and used it once.

Hopefully their new partnership is more worthwhile.

Agreed. RRP is a joke, and extremely likely that at 12% off RRP you'll find the item cheaper elsewhere.

Latest Comments