Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Good bike mechanic in Leeds?

Hi,

I live in North Leeds, and have a bike shop that I use fairly regularly for general odds and ends (gear indexing, regreasing - stuff that I could probably do myself if I had the time and a youtube video).

They're really good for that kind of stuff, but I don't feel all too confident in their knowledge of higher end road/tri bike stuff.
They're self confessed Mountain bikers, and seem much more comfortable with the old school rough and ready componentry than fitting the newer 10/11 speed road bits and pieces (which they moan about on a regular basis - "You'll never get the shifting perfect with indexed gears, the old style shifters were much better"). For example, I put my TT bike in for some new shifters and they cut the cables a bit short, now I can't put my extensions out any further or really turn the bike as much as I would like.

Anyway, I've just bought an 11 speed groupset for that same bike and I don't feel that they understand my needs enough to fit it in a way that I'll be happy with.

Does anybody have good experience with a mechanic in Leeds working on their 10/11 speed road/TT bikes?

I'd prefer to stay away from Evans if I can (cost, and I'd rather go with an independent), but if people have really good experiences with them then I'd be glad to hear about it.

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments