Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

A BIG thank you from Newmarket to Cleckheaton

Out for a 100 miler yesterday (2 Nov) I came a cropper at a railway crossing, hurting my shoulder and bouncing my helmeted head off a kerb stone  40 . A young couple heading towards Newmarket en route to Cleakheaton stopped and paid me a great deal of attention and offered to take me back home, 36 miles away and out of their way. Despite our best efforts there was no way we could fit into the small car but their genuine generosity and desire to help was unbelievable, I am so so grateful. Unfortunately I have broken my shoulder, heads ok, but in all the happening I failed to get any names etc. The young fella is a cyclist so I am hoping he reads this forum as it is the only way I can try and thank him and his lovely wife. Thank you for your time, help and desire to help you are a true credit to our sport  41 and although I would not like it to happen to anyone else I hope I can be as generous to a fellow cyclist in trouble. Thank you so much  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments