Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ultegra Di2 6770 discontinued

My bike needs a new Di2 rear mech after an unfortunate 'mech into wheel' incident.

Sadly it seems that the currently available stock of 6770 Di2 parts is the last that will be available. Madison/Shimano no longer list it and retailers are unable to get further stock.

If, like me you break 6770 kit, your choice going forwards is going to be eBay etc or a forced upgrade to 11s. It used to be that a 6870 rear mech would work with 6770 shifters but the latest firmware has blocked that option.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

srchar | 7 years ago
0 likes

You can fix this issue for good for only £750.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/campagnolo-chorus-11-speed-double-groupset/

mcreeder78 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Did you throw the damaged Di2 RD6770 away?

flippineck | 8 years ago
0 likes

change or get rid of shi shi shimano there is light at end of 6770 campi or red

crikey | 8 years ago
3 likes

Are us cable dependent luddites allowed a wee chuckle yet?

Woldsman replied to crikey | 8 years ago
3 likes
crikey wrote:

Are us cable dependent luddites allowed a wee chuckle yet?

I might be tempted if I understood half the stuff I've just read.

flippineck | 8 years ago
0 likes

well just as well i have old compo have not upgraded e tube got the 6870 working well and the 6770 working well to the trick is not to upgrade etube or connect to the internet when using etube dont let shimano shaft you dont connect e tube to tinternetty

19  36  35  26

flippineck | 9 years ago
0 likes

I went to look at my e-tube now it will not work wif my compo tried uninstallin it and no joy getting it back on compo.  102

Flying Scot | 9 years ago
0 likes

And people slag off Campag!

This is a fekking scandal that such new and let's face it, common, kit is already not just obsolete, but deliberately so.

Not that Shimano have ever been interested in supply the few spare parts that do actually have numbers.

Japanese throwaway culture at its best.

giobox replied to Flying Scot | 9 years ago
0 likes
Flying Scot wrote:

This is a fekking scandal that such new and let's face it, common, kit is already not just obsolete, but deliberately so.

Not that Shimano have ever been interested in supply the few spare parts that do actually have numbers.

In fairness Campag's electric groups are much, much worse in this regard, and should be slated. Despite using identical cables, Campag flipped the polarity so you can't substitute cheaper Athena EPS parts into a Record EPS setup. At least Shimano still unofficially support a lot of mix 'n' match combos across their entire 11 speed Di2 ranges.

Flying Scot replied to giobox | 9 years ago
0 likes
giobox wrote:
Flying Scot wrote:

In fairness Campag's electric groups are much, much worse in this regard, and should be slated. Despite using identical cables, Campag flipped the polarity so you can't substitute cheaper Athena EPS parts into a Record EPS setup. At least Shimano still unofficially support a lot of mix 'n' match combos across their entire 11 speed Di2 ranges.

Yes you can't downgrade Campag, but if you break it, they do supply parts and component level service.

therevokid | 9 years ago
0 likes

how on earth did you manage that ?
i thought once set these "perfect" electronic systems didn't need tuning !!!!!

getting nervous now as I've a 6770 setup .... gulp !

giobox | 9 years ago
0 likes

According to this forum post, a cheaper option might be just to replace your battery so you can run the older E-Tube software (pre 2.6).

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/shimano/di2-ultegra-fd-6870-rd-6770-com...

The firmware is appears not to be downgradable in the battery meaning your existing one is presumably borked, but switching the battery and upgrading no further than E-Tube 2.5.2 might work? I have no first hand experience of this.

Latest Comments