Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

E bikes - this made me laugh!

There was a suggestion where I work to install electric bike (and car) charging points to reduce 'range anxiety'! Never heard of 'range anxiety' before but I assume you can still pedal the thing if the battery runs out.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

twowheeltoys | 9 years ago
0 likes

“Range anxiety”, your hr department must have too much time on their hands.

E bikes are a bloody menace. I cannot be the only person to nearly kill myself chasing the bike up to road before hearing the ‘humm’ which explains the sweat, lack of breath and banging heartbeat.

gazza_d replied to twowheeltoys | 9 years ago
0 likes

'range anxiety' - hahahahaha. My office is already fitted with several e-bike charging points. there called 13a sockets. Just bring yer charger!

twowheeltoys wrote:

E bikes are a bloody menace. I cannot be the only person to nearly kill myself chasing the bike up to road before hearing the ‘humm’ which explains the sweat, lack of breath and banging heartbeat.

Don't I bloody know it. Bought the missus one to start getting her out & build up fittness and confidence. All I seem to do is bury meself chasing her down.

Well, apart from the other day, whilst hitting a short steep climb she managed to turn the motor off rather than onto high power. How I laughed  1

notfastenough replied to gazza_d | 9 years ago
0 likes
gazza_d wrote:

'range anxiety' - hahahahaha. My office is already fitted with several e-bike charging points. there called 13a sockets. Just bring yer charger!

twowheeltoys wrote:

Don't I bloody know it. Bought the missus one to start getting her out & build up fittness and confidence. All I seem to do is bury meself chasing her down.

Well, apart from the other day, whilst hitting a short steep climb she managed to turn the motor off rather than onto high power. How I laughed  1

Wife motorpacing - sounds awesome!

Hensteeth | 9 years ago
0 likes

The other week I saw two lads coming towarda me on the shared cycle path on mountain bikes doing about 30mph. Without pedalling!. As they zoomed past I was engulfed in a cloud of blue smoke and engine buzz. It seems they had modified their bikes by fitting 2 stroke engines to them with throttles etc. God knows where the petrol tank was. I caught in on hd video. Informed the police. You can clearly make out their faces. Police woman didn't know them. I gave her a cd with the film on and al she was bothered about was if I could print of a herd copy for her!
Needless to say I haven't heard anything about it.

notfastenough replied to Hensteeth | 9 years ago
0 likes
Hensteeth wrote:

The other week I saw two lads coming towarda me on the shared cycle path on mountain bikes doing about 30mph. Without pedalling!. As they zoomed past I was engulfed in a cloud of blue smoke and engine buzz. It seems they had modified their bikes by fitting 2 stroke engines to them with throttles etc. God knows where the petrol tank was. I caught in on hd video. Informed the police. You can clearly make out their faces. Police woman didn't know them. I gave her a cd with the film on and al she was bothered about was if I could print of a herd copy for her!
Needless to say I haven't heard anything about it.

No doubt this will be 'cyclists' fault as well when the mainstream media get hold of it...

truffy replied to Hensteeth | 9 years ago
0 likes
Hensteeth wrote:

I gave her a cd with the film on and al she was bothered about was if I could print of a herd copy for her!

I was overtaken by an older woman on her bicycle the other week. After much sweating I overtook her to realise that her serene fitness was artificially enhanced, which made me feel better!

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

I actually thought you were going to post about the speed tuning kits that are in the news...

"Currently the London police and officers from the UK Trading Standards Institute are checking UK dealers if they are selling speed tuning kits for e-bikes; or if they are selling de-restricted electric bicycles. With this operation authorities are building a case on rogue e-bike traders."

http://www.bike-eu.com/Laws-Regulations/Regulations/2014/10/Speed-Tuning...

Range anxiety gives me visions of someone sat at their desk worrying all day whether they can get home again without breaking a sweat...

Latest Comments