Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Mio Cyclo GPS users

I've been using a Mio Cyclo 105 GPS unit with heart rate monitor. Uploading data was done through MioShare software and it was possible to link data to STRAVA. You could also download the data files for each ride separately for use in other applications. Worked fine, with the odd usually after second attempt at upload. Mio changed to CycloAgent last week and now the process is a disaster. Incomplete ride data, ride graphs shortened etc. Other users report similar on Mio's facebook page. Anyone else suffering same problem? Any wise people know of third party software that communicates with Mio Cyclos. My very old Garmin 205 still works and links to Strava or GPSBabel like a dream. So easy to use. A real nail in Mio's coffin?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

41 comments

dotdash | 9 years ago
0 likes

The only issue I have like that is the is the cadence magnet has slipped on the crank but I've fixed that one by moving it back. Have a look on the forum to see if anyone has had the same issue http://www.cyclogps.com

sten_super | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've also had that problem intermittently, as @dotdash suggests uploading the .fit should sort it out.

I've been having another odd problem recently - using the standard cadence meter that came with my 315, fairly regularly (on average maybe about every 2 minutes or so) the speed that the device registers will suddenly halve for a second and then it'll zoom back up to the correct value. I suspect that the cadence meter is for some reason not registering as the magnet passes, but no idea why it happens so randomly. It's frustrating as my rides are being shortened a bit (as it obviously thinks I've only completed one revolution when it's actually two) and the speed profile of my rides (and therefore the average speed that it calculates) is weird. Has anyone else had this problem (which might indicate it's software related) or do I need to have a play around with the cadence sensor? I've checked the positioning of the magnet and it's nice and close to the sensor, hasn't slipped or anything like that.

dotdash | 9 years ago
0 likes

Try uploading the .fit file and that should work.

It's a known bug which will be fixed in 4.2 of the software but it's still in final testing (they seem to fix 3 bugs and introduce 3 new bugs in every release)

S13SFC replied to dotdash | 9 years ago
0 likes
dotdash wrote:

Try uploading the .fit file and that should work.

It's a known bug which will be fixed in 4.2 of the software but it's still in final testing (they seem to fix 3 bugs and introduce 3 new bugs in every release)

Found a couple of solutions online which work. Easiest way is to just allow the file to sync to strava, download it as a GPX, delete the original and then upload the GPX you downloaded. Sorts it out straight away.

I will try the .fit way tomorrow if the sync is cocked up again.

S13SFC | 9 years ago
0 likes

My Mio 305 is working perfectly, uploads no problems and until Tuesday and been transferring to Strava without a hitch.

However, my Tuesday and Wednesday rides have transferred as 1.8km instead of 59km and 0.8km instead of 33km. The route is visible, the segments are visible and the climbing is visible as is the time but the distance and speed have gone bonkers.

These two rides have been on my winter bike using the GPS sensor but it wasn't a problem previously. Any suggestions? I've unlinked Mio & Strava and tried uploading just as a GPX file.

Pfaff | 9 years ago
0 likes

About the maps, will the Canary Island be found under Spain for the 305? Or any version, for the matter.

muddydwarf | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ive heard back from Halfords - Mio will not replace the unit as it is out of warranty, they will however repair it free of charge within 3-7 working days.
More than happy with that, didn't expect a replacement I just wanted my unit sorting.
Kudos to the young lady at Halfords who promised to put pressure on Mio as "its really only just outside warranty" and delivered.

smokeyskelton | 9 years ago
0 likes

The touch-screen in my Mio Cyclo went after about 9 or 10 months.

They fixed it no problem without charge (other than postage cost and hassle), and took about 10 days.

It was fixed within warranty, but an email from them stated that if it was outside warranty it could cost £69.99.

muddydwarf | 9 years ago
0 likes

Handed the unit back to Halfords, they will do the legwork around contacting Mio & getting it sorted. As I bought it on 31/12/2013 it may or may not be sorted for free, anyone have any experience of dealing with Mio & how generous they may be?
Lady at Halfords said it *may* take up to 2 weeks which isn't really a problem but I'd rather it was sooner than later!

muddydwarf | 9 years ago
0 likes

Cheers, it appears the helpdesk is closed til Monday. Hopefully they can help with getting it fixed. Does anyone have any experience of returning a faulty unit & how much did it cost?

muddydwarf | 9 years ago
0 likes

Can anyone tell me who to contact about a faulty unit?
The email link on the website doesn't work & social media just gives me the run around, I just need to be able to raise a ticket with them & find out where to send it.

dotdash replied to muddydwarf | 9 years ago
0 likes

I would send it back to where you bought it, thats after all is the party you formed the contract with.

Or this list the contact number (I think you have to call to log a fault) http://service.mio.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?faqid=130103&Region...

stealfwayne | 9 years ago
0 likes

Agreed Sten_super. Mio Customer Service is better in my experience than using the actual GPS with all it's software and connectivity issues.
I mentioned in an earlier post that mine has been back three times and in each case was delivered on time and repaired. It's just a shame that it has to keep going back.

Fingers crossed that's it now.. otherwise I may sell it and get a competitors offering.. Hope your reading this MIO , please build in some resilience to your software updates.... please.  105

sten_super | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just a quick update - fair play to Mio, they simply replaced the screen and sent the device back to me within 48 hours. Great service, and so far *touch wood* everything is working fine. Haven't tried uploading any of my rides yet, mind...

sten_super | 9 years ago
0 likes

My 315 has now gone back to Mio to be repaired after the screen had a complete meltdown. Waiting to see what they make of it, but I have a terrible feeling that they're going to accuse me of breaking it and try to charge me a repair fee. Making that fee so prominent on their RMA email filled me with a sense of foreboding...

Gareth W-R | 9 years ago
0 likes

My 505 was uploading some strange data until I recently updated to The cycloagent and now its working again. Happy days!

In regards to the actual unit itself I have never had a problem accept for the surprise me function trying to take me through places I am not allowed.....

stealfwayne | 9 years ago
0 likes

Finally got it working today, after having to copy all docs, and some routes in Dodge. format the drive and turn off. Next create a new profile (after checking all other profiles had been deleted) and go for ride. Plug it one done hey presto. Working. I re pasted older routes one at a time in case corrupt, and good to go for thte near future.
One strange thing is that it now the device connects and disconnects every 5 seconds or so. Windows that appear when you connect anything via usb open and close at will.Back to MIo with another mail.But happy just to have it working.

ta2dwez | 9 years ago
0 likes

Im awaiting the return of my 305hc after screen freezing and eventual death of it completely. It wouldn't charge or turn on. Im hoping it arrives tomorrow and hopefully all the faults have been rectified. (Fingers Crossed)

FlatericFan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Bought the other half a Mio the big expensive one (as she could not get on with the garmin) the worst purchase i ever made, with the worst service from MIO, the software doesent like Chrome or 64 bit opeating system, the Cadence sensor doesent work full stop, the machine crashes constantly and screen unresponsive........ wait for the new software came the response.

DH46 replied to FlatericFan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Perseverance is the key, I had my 505HC 6 months, it was crap, but with 2 returns to MIO later it works, it is now excellent and links with Strava.

Keen Cyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

Eventually i made a fuss & got a Mio supervisor who sorted the non connection problem. After connecting the device this just involved right clicking on my 305 Mio drive (G) once Computer had been accessed on the desktop, then changing the name of the left hand file to MIO_SYSTEM (the other is MIO_data).
Magic - why did Mio have me jumping all those fences before we got to this simple fix?

Keen Cyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

I suspected that it wasn't just me that was struggling with syncing my 305 with CycloAgent. It's quite annoying to be able to use Windows to access its files, but have CycloAgent telling you that it isn't connected. Stephie from Mio has made several suggestions but nothing works. So I will try some of the ideas contained in this thread. Thanks.

RebornBumbler | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've had no luck at all with CycloAgent (with a 105) - it crashes almost immediately on three different machines with different OSs - you name it, I've tried it. Debug logs sent to Mitac/Mio Support, but nothing useful back.

I've now downloaded the Magellan software and it works a treat. It gives me .gpx exports of rides I can upload to Strava, keeps a local database of my rides, and allows setup changes on the 105 without fiddling around with four little buttons. COM port problems should be resolved by selecting Configuration/COM port, then scanning while the unit is connected.

I'm going to stick with it now, and forgo the dubious joys of the MioShare site.

ta2dwez | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have a 305hc and im having issues with it freezing during a ride. Anyone else had this problem?

Also when uploading to Strava after a turbo training session what do you put as the activity? I have tried workout and I have also put it as a ride using stationary trainer. The only thing is the speed is all messed up? The heart rate and the cadence are fine but the speed seems to be an issue for Strava as the MioShare website shows correct speed?

fustuarium | 9 years ago
0 likes

New system just worked fine on my 505HC. I uninstalled Mioshare and the other plugin listed in Control Panel, and everything went smoothly. Still updates to Strava as well.

bike_food | 9 years ago
0 likes

Contact them via their Facebook page, they responded quickly to me on a couple of occasions

mtbtomo | 9 years ago
0 likes

Quinophex - I think the 305 must be different, since I've never been able to see the files on my Mio 105 through Win Explorer. It always relied on the proprietary software to upload.

I've just bought a Garmin from a friend, so the Mio will be consigned to the spares bin, or maybe ebay if someone wants to take a chance on it...

7thGalaxy | 9 years ago
0 likes

I can't connect my mio 105 at all now. the software was always horrible, but at least it kinda worked before.

Does anyone have a direct support email? I can't even use their revolting web email form.

Wouldn't advise anyone to ever touch one of Mio's devices.

Shame, as they're not bad on paper.

quinophex | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've never bothered using the Mio supplied software (mostly because I run Linux on my desktop) but for all those having problems can you not just upload the .gpx file directly to Strava? This is how I've been uploading rides on my Mio 305 since the beginning of this year and the 4.0 device software being released (with earlier software you had to convert the files).

You will find your files under Mio_data/Dodge/Tracks/ in the profile directory for each bike you have setup. You can also drop a gpx file created with a service like find a route into the Tracks directory to use for navigation.

mtbtomo | 9 years ago
0 likes

CycloAgent uninstalled and still no joy.

Same message whether I have the device conntected before I start the Magellan software or whether I connect it after I start the software.

Pages

Latest Comments