Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Faith Restored In My Fellow Human Beings :)

So feeling like s&%t today but cycled home from work anyway(could have just taken the train), thought id take the easy route home via the Canal(on a road bike.....aye rite.......). Nearly at Pumpherston and the chain breaks!!!!! FFS!!! Anyway Ive got Links so ill sort it. Anyway next thing I know a car has stopped behind me and I hear a womans voice saying "problem?" Broken chain says I, "Herbies Bike shop is just up the road", Thanks ill persevere, im nearly home, worse case Ill phone the wife, shes actually looking back in her car to see if she could get the bike in there!!! I thanked her for stopping anyway, and away she went. But its really nice to know that there are still random people out there prepared to be nice to complete strangers.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I was walking around London killing time on Monday, saved a couple of cyclists.

As I was all prepared for racing on Sunday, I still had some things on me, a guy went past me and something went PING, he snapped his chain, didn't have a spare link, luckily, I had some, got him going again.

Then near the Olympic park, a kid stacked it on his BMX trying to do a jump and his bars were all twisted round so they didn't line up, no worries, stuck it between my legs and brute forced it back into place.

Always nice to help others out and even better if someone helps me if ever I have a problem.

Latest Comments