Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Shimano Dura ace hydraulic brake lever

Has anybody heard if Shimano will be making a proper Dura ace Di2 hydraulic brake lever?

I know they have the R785 non series hydraulic Di2 lever

Plus they have just released the ST-RS685 lever for hydraulic braking with mechanical shifting

I will be going disc brake on my next bike and i want Dura ace Di2 with a proper Dura ace Di2 hydraulic lever not a non series lever

The non series levers seem to be a bit of a tester for Shimano to see how the demand is/iron out any niggles etc...

(the new ST-RS685 has had a couple of minor changes made compared to the R785)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

kev-s | 9 years ago
0 likes

there is no specific hydraulic lever for 6870 or 9070

if u have mechanical shifting you use the non series ST-RS685 hydraulic lever for ultegra or dura ace groupset

if u have di2 shifting you use the non series R785 hydraulic lever for ultegra or dura ace groupset

Once shimano start making groupset specific hydraulic levers i.e a Dura ace and a ultegra branded hydraulic lever you will find they will be lighter, better shaped etc and match the rest of the groupset etc....

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

I don't expect Shimano to make a Dura ace hydraulic lever until discs are legal for racing

CXR94Di2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

What advantage does the dura ace have over the Shimano di2 hydraulic brakes that are on my bike? If it's just parts snobbery then I have always prefered function over form.

giobox | 9 years ago
0 likes

Interesting, I hadn't realised this. Is the same hydraulic lever used for both 6870 and 9070 then?

Kind of makes sense, when you consider how few of these Shimano have probably even manufactured, let alone sold.

Latest Comments