Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Winter training newbie

Hi, A quick introduction.

I only started Road Cycling in January at 17.5 stone (110kg). I am now, 4500km later, 13.5 stone (88kg) and looking forward to a winter of indoor and outdoor training, I ride a Felt F95.

I have owned a Tacx Satori Turbo for about 3 months, using TrainerRoad as my stat central. I use Strava to collate all of my ride stats, indoors and out.

I have just bought a set of Elite Arion Rollers, to add to my winter training plan and work on technique.

Any suggestions for how to get the most out of the winter months? I will hit the road when the weather allows, but happy to bulk out the time on the bike with a mix of turbo and rollers, so looking for a plan/guide that fits this setup?

Finally, have to ay I have the bug, just love being on the bike.

Karl

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

KappaTango | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks! I will be on the road as much as possible. I like the idea of rollers for improving technique and varying the indoor work. I find TrainerRoad great for focussing on a training goal and as they fully support the Satori and also the Arion rollers in Beta, seems like a good compromise.

Thanks for the input!

Cyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well done Karl, good weight loss.

If this winter is anything like last winter, you won't have to spend much time indoors at all, it was such a mild winter that I never even got the deep winter kit out.

Ride outside when possible, do a session of roller & turbo once a week, skills/midline stuff on the rollers and power/HIT stuff on the turbo. And hit the weightlifting through the winter, and don't use the winter as an excuse to put weight back on........

Latest Comments