Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Got Undertaken today

This morning I was riding along a single carriage road, but with a hard shoulder on the way to placement. Just about to filter with a motorway off ramp coming in on the right so slowing slightly and checking that shoulder and a Taxi (Peugeot van type things) nearly takes off my left shoulder.

Get to lights about 50 yards down the road and the driver has a go at me for riding in the middle of a road. He didnt take kindly to me pointing out that it was with the intention of stopping people doing stupid overtakes on a particularly dangerous piece of road with lots of cars filtering in and changing lanes and you have to have your wits about you.

So mad I didnt call his cab company or the police.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

miffed | 14 years ago
0 likes

yeah was kicking myself that i didnt take down the registration.

canyonsi | 14 years ago
0 likes

Just to show that not all taxi drivers are such as this, I pulled up at a junction last week, taxi pulled up, window, "here I go" me thinks...... but no, "nice to see someone with some decent lights"

si

OldRidgeback | 14 years ago
0 likes

Call the cab company, report it to the cops and log it on the CTC website. Drivers like this need an official warning to realise that they're a danger.

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

Definitely worth calling the taxi company, i reckon. it shouldn't go unreported.

sponging-machine | 14 years ago
0 likes

Better than being crushed by said taxi.

Latest Comments