Got Undertaken today

by miffed   January 26, 2010  

This morning I was riding along a single carriage road, but with a hard shoulder on the way to placement. Just about to filter with a motorway off ramp coming in on the right so slowing slightly and checking that shoulder and a Taxi (Peugeot van type things) nearly takes off my left shoulder.

Get to lights about 50 yards down the road and the driver has a go at me for riding in the middle of a road. He didnt take kindly to me pointing out that it was with the intention of stopping people doing stupid overtakes on a particularly dangerous piece of road with lots of cars filtering in and changing lanes and you have to have your wits about you.

So mad I didnt call his cab company or the police.

5 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Better than being crushed by said taxi.

sponging-machine's picture

posted by sponging-machine [108 posts]
28th January 2010 - 0:00

0 Likes

Definitely worth calling the taxi company, i reckon. it shouldn't go unreported.

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7432 posts]
28th January 2010 - 9:39

0 Likes

Call the cab company, report it to the cops and log it on the CTC website. Drivers like this need an official warning to realise that they're a danger.

OldRidgeback

posted by OldRidgeback [2233 posts]
28th January 2010 - 10:04

0 Likes

Just to show that not all taxi drivers are such as this, I pulled up at a junction last week, taxi pulled up, window, "here I go" me thinks...... but no, "nice to see someone with some decent lights"

si

http://sinaicycle.blogspot.com

2010 - Cheshire Cat / Dragon Ride

canyonsi's picture

posted by canyonsi [42 posts]
28th January 2010 - 11:18

0 Likes

yeah was kicking myself that i didnt take down the registration.

posted by miffed [163 posts]
28th January 2010 - 14:32

0 Likes