Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Thermal non-bib tights

Has anyone bought any decent (but no more than £60) thermal bike tights of the non-bib variety? I've looked at dhb ones but all the reviews are a bit iffy. I need them for commuting for the colder months so they need to be manageable yet value for money.

Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Cooperdan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Perfect suggestion for the Tenn Outdoors tights. Some have been ordered, thanks!

Cooperdan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the responses, I don't want bib tights because as a commuter, I need them to dry during the day (i'm a fast, sweaty rider) and sometimes they don't dry very well in the classroom through the day! Bib tights would be horrific to wear when damp after a full 12hrs at the chalk face.

Blue_Brevatto | 9 years ago
0 likes

Lusso (http://www.lusso-clothing.co.uk/) make an unpadded thermal tight which is windproof and pretty warm. If you hunt around the usual suspects you can get it for £40-45. I have not made that much use of mine due to a couple of mild winters but their stuff generally lasts well and gets good reviews. And if it matters to you they are based in UK (Manchester).

Him Up North | 9 years ago
0 likes

Looks like I'm shilling for Tenn Outdoor this evening, but their Lazer thermal tights are good. Forty quid a throw.

Leviathan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Y U NO WANT BIBS?

Simon E replied to Leviathan | 9 years ago
0 likes
bikeboy76 wrote:

Y U NO WANT BIBS?

About to start my 9th winter of commuting and have never worn bib tights so can't see what the fuss is about. Started with Altura Winter Cruisers but the Stream tights are more snug, less flappy.

Is this yet another 'rule' I'm not adhering to? I picked up some cheap Lusso bibtights during the summer so perhaps all is not lost.

Latest Comments