Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Beijing anyone?

When does it open?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

25 comments

Allan Bremner | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yet another ENRIQUE. Which stands for Enormous Number of Road.cc Incredibly Quirky Update Excuses.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Allan Bremner | 9 years ago
0 likes
Allan Bremner wrote:

Yet another ENRIQUE. Which stands for Enormous Number of Road.cc Incredibly Quirky Update Excuses.

??  39

Suthisan | 9 years ago
0 likes

It is several hour since today's race ended but the scores have not been posted yet. As you have decided to close team changes several hours before the next race starts it is quite difficult deciding what to do. Fortunately, the next leg is also flat, so I shall keep my (winning  1 )combo for another day. Hopefully, you will be able to update the scores more promptly (as you usually do) tomorrow.

Thanks a lot guys for the excellent Fantasy Cycling season.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Suthisan | 9 years ago
0 likes
Suthisan wrote:

It is several hour since today's race ended but the scores have not been posted yet. As you have decided to close team changes several hours before the next race starts it is quite difficult deciding what to do. Fortunately, the next leg is also flat, so I shall keep my (winning  1 )combo for another day. Hopefully, you will be able to update the scores more promptly (as you usually do) tomorrow.

Thanks a lot guys for the excellent Fantasy Cycling season.

Both Dave and Gkam are away, and ive literally just walked through the door from work and have to go out again, so scores will be u when I get back. And im afraid they won't be any prompter tomorrow (i can't see them being at the moment), due to work and moving house. Its the time of day the races finishes it not suited to prompt scores due to work

thesaladdays | 9 years ago
0 likes

Flippin'eck, can they even see where they're going?
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/oct/10/china-pollution-level...

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

Successfully managed to not pick Tyler Farrar all season!

backflipbedlem replied to Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes
Twybaydos wrote:

Paying off!  41

James Warrener replied to Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes
Twybaydos wrote:

FACEPLANT

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

or the steak  31

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Despite the derision that this race often gets, it's interesting to see which riders take it seriously and make it a goal, e.g., Martin and Costa.

backflipbedlem replied to Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dux89 wrote:

Despite the derision that this race often gets, it's interesting to see which riders take it seriously and make it a goal, e.g., Martin and Costa.

Just don't eat the chicken!

sanderville | 9 years ago
0 likes

I get a blank page when I go to team selection. Is it just me?

ade | 9 years ago
0 likes

Garmin have just announced:

.@TourofBeijing roster: @DekkerThomas @philgaimon @NathanPeterHaas @ryder_hesjedal @DanMartin86 @SteeleVH Farrar, Morton.

https://twitter.com/Ride_Argyle/status/520215743762554880

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dan is racing, but as Garmin haven't put out a team for the startlist yet, I haven't added them, you can find them in the drop down for ALL RIDERS

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

probably still driving around in circles

Dan Martin ‏@DanMartin86 Oct 7
Welcome to Beijing! 300km drive to the hotel and after 1hr, 6 Uturns we are back at the airport. Gonna be a long night. #SOS

I just presumed he wasn't racing, but think he probably is! hmmm

20thebear | 9 years ago
0 likes

Any reason I can't find Dan Martin when I list "All riders" in the filters?

fukawitribe replied to 20thebear | 9 years ago
0 likes
20thebear wrote:

Any reason I can't find Dan Martin when I list "All riders" in the filters?

At the dentist ?

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've got guests arriving early tomorrow morning, so I saved this evening especially for choosing my A team and my B team - both winning, of course  4 - for Beijing. I open the computer all full of hope and joy. Alas, no startlist, no riders, no credits, nothing... Oh, China, China, the pains you've put us through this season...

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Where did I say official startlist...but I cannot open it when half the teams are unfilled

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

...I cannot open it when half the teams are unfilled

I think you should be able to open a competition with all the riders that appear in the start lists of the 2 most reputable start list providers, namely PCS and Cyclingfever, (are there any others out there?  39 ), at least 3 , 4 or 5 days before a competition starts... Why not?...  39 We can always use the drop downs to select riders that aren't on the game start list, even if at the moment they show 'grayed-out'... I think that's fair and reasonable... Not that I'm fair and reasonable...  13

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

It would be very helpful if it went live now as I'm away for a couple of days with no access to a computer

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Do you really need an official startlist to open it? I probably sound like a broken record, but just open it, and then amend the starters as you get the confirmed list through. That way people can just get a team picked and not have to worry if they can't login nearer the time because they have more important things to do. Never understood the fascination with waiting for all teams to confirm before you open the game, they're all subject to change anyway with late withdrawals etc.

enrique replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Do you really need an official startlist to open it?... Never understood the fascination with waiting for all teams to confirm before you open the game...

I have to agree... There's 2 pretty populated start lists out there right now (http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_... and http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tour_of_Beijing_2014-Startlist)... Why not put all these riders as starters and let us choose other riders that aren't on those start lists by using the drop down?...  45

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

Your favourite (and most accurate that i am aware of has a almost complete one (maybe complete since I last looked ; )

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Tomorrow I hope, if I can get a decent startlist  105

Latest Comments