Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

parkour

So BMXers won 1st and 3rd in the parkour trials. Liam Phillips won and Tre Whyte was 3rd. It's all that acceleration.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

hampstead_bandit | 9 years ago
0 likes

At the event I noticed the track suited a race bmx with Street tires as the course was a series of short sprints with tight corners.

A lightweight, single speed dirt jump Mtb with stiff fork and semi-slick tires would also have worked well.

Our rider Tom Dowie came 4th riding an XTC 27.5 hardtail Mtb, he said the tires (low profile Mtb knobblies) caused his crash and semi slicks would have been perfect. He also twisted his chain during the sprinting.

glynr36 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I don't think it's the fitness/rider attributes that do it though.
I think it's the handling the bikes have, I know I could fly round a car park like that much quicker on my 26" Jump mtb, than my road bike, just because it's easier to through around into corners like that.

OldRidgeback | 9 years ago
0 likes

I know Tre trains on road bikes regularly so he is used to them. I'd be curious if David Millar has ever ridden a BMX.

miro_o replied to OldRidgeback | 9 years ago
0 likes
glynr36 | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's also a bike far better suited to the purpose.
Stick Millar on a BMX and them onto a road bike and I bet you the result would be different.

Latest Comments