Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Edge 800

My Edge 800 has decided to stop working today, if you see the screengrab I get this notification when I try to upload todays ride to Garmin connect. Can anyone be of assistance, Garmin's help pages aren't proving helpful...
I'm thinking water ingress but I hope it isn't that serious a problem.
Cheers,
Mike.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

mikecassie | 9 years ago
0 likes

Gents, I did get it working again on Sunday, I did the master reset and set all the bike settings again. I was lucky that I only lost one ride and not a load of them and also it wasn't a fatal failure. Although it would've been a good reason to get an upgrade  3
Thanks for the help anyway.
Cheers,
Mike.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

This is the normal reply you will get if you ask Garmin

Firstly, I would suggest that you update the software on your device:

To update your unit to the latest software, you need to use the Garmin Express application. I have attached a step by step guide to assist you in downloading and using the Garmin Express application.

To download the application and view the installation instructions, please click the link below: http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

Then I would recommend a Master Reset and a Software Update on your Edge. This will reset it back to its factory default settings and wipe any data currently stored in the device, so if at all possible, please upload any important data before proceeding.

After the reset has completed you will need to re-enter your profile details and zone information or send it from Training Centre or Garmin Connect.
1.Power device off
2.Press and hold Lap
3.Power on device (still holding Lap)
4.Select Yes when Reset all settings to factory defaults? message appears

Leave the unit outside, with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data before use.

MaxP | 9 years ago
0 likes

You are better off phoning Garmin directly, rather than forums for a quick answer.

Only thing I can think of is to strip it down and put it in rice before water damages the inside, but that's only a last resort and if you don't want to return it to Garmin.

CXR94Di2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I did a quick search with Google and there are quite a few comments. Here is one thread, it's not for the edge 800. , but it looks like it effects all types of garmin devices
https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?28369-quot-TypeError-quot-with-...

Latest Comments