Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

colnago c60 sizing

My current bike is a scott cr1 and it fits me fine, its a 54cm compact, stock stem etc, no spacers removed.

But my measurements suggest I'd be more suited to a larger size frame? I'm currently looking at a Colnago c60 in a 50s (sloping) I've checked the geometry against my current bike and I'm confused. http://colnago.com/geometry-c60-2/?lang=en

inseam 84cm
trunk 61cm
forearm 34.5cm
arm 68cm
thigh 60.5cm
lower leg 56cm
sternal notch 144cm
total height 178cm

I've briefly tried larger frame sizes and it feels like my weight is not distributed evenly, far too stretched out as if all the weight is on the handlebars.

Anybody else got a Colnago c60 or even a C59 with similar measurements to me? 5ft 10.5, 32" inseam.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Canyon Al | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi Dazzle. How's it working out with the 52 s as I am in same predicament 

dazzle | 9 years ago
0 likes

After a brief try of the 50s colnago, and discovering I had my saddle quite a bit too low on my scott cr1 in a 54cm, I've ordered the 52s colnago which equates to about a 56cm.

To get my ideal position on the smaller frame 50s, they would have been too many spacers required and the saddle too high up, just didn't seem right. I'm a little apprehensive about stepping up in frame size but I think it might be for the best, I hope so anyway.

kev-s | 9 years ago
0 likes

As a general rule if you ride a 54cm traditional frame you will need a 50s Colnago (s=sloping)

Ive had quite few Colnago's over the years and i ride a 54s (58cm trad) and once i dropped down to a 52s and hated it

Quite surprising how much 2cm makes!

Sigma sport is a great place to go and try one out for sizing, they carry a great range

A c60 in next on my list once i feel i can part with my c59  16  16

dazzle | 9 years ago
0 likes

Exactly, that's what my very limited intelligence was telling me, thanks for your input I really appreciate it. I might give sigma sport a try as I've heard they are big colnago stockists and they could offer me some quality advice instead of this nonsense I've had so far up north.

Nixster | 9 years ago
0 likes

Stack and reach old chap.

Your 54cm CR1 has a reach of 383mm, same as the Colnago 50s but 18mm more stack at 565mm vs 547mm for the Italian job. This suggests you would need another 20mm spacer on the Colnago to get the comfortable position you have on the Scott. If you size up to 52s for the increased stack you will only get an extra 1mm on the reach so it would probably be a close match for the CR1 and you would not need the spacer, lucky you. You may have to slide your saddle forward to get the same position over the BB though.

Buying a £3k frame on this basis is a big risk of course, much better to get fitted to one by a competent Colnago dealer.

dazzle | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yes I've had 3 different bike fits recently and all my local shops are absolutely rubbish, can't properley advise me on sizing, make it up as they go along, keep really poor quality entry level ramshackles in stock.

It's dissapointing I'm going to have travel out of my area. All bike manufacturers suggest based on their sizing charts I'm a Large 56cm/57cm, except for Canyon, I must have short arms or legs???

David Arthur @d... | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hi dazzle, have you considered getting a professional bike fit from a bike shop near you (preferably one that sells Colnagos)?

It's a small price to pay compared to the cost of the C60 frame and if it means you get the right size bike, and get properly fitted on it with saddle height, stem length and handlebar height and width, it's going to be a very wise investment for your cycling happiness

glynr36 | 9 years ago
0 likes

If you're spending C60 money then it's probably best to test ride one or get a proper sizing/fit!

Latest Comments