Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Road race

When will the riders on list be updated for the road race
The list only has the tt riders at the moment?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

37 comments

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I gave them the points to save any arguments, seems it caused more.

I have't spoken to Dave, he was going to be scoring these races and I noticed that they hadn't been scored, so I took it upon myself to score them, as Dave would have. So until I hear anything more, those breakaway points will stand.

Against what I believe should be scored.

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I gave them the points to save any arguments...

Thank you for taking the time to come back and explain that little mystery to us... It's kind of interesting that you had such a kind motivation but then don't seem to realize that you could potentially confuse people by stating one thing but scoring a different way... It seems a little odd... Not your motivation, but the fact that it didn't come accross your mind to explain it... Maybe you were too busy... But it is a simple little explanation really... Very nice of you to share it...

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I gave them the points...

enrique wrote:

...the best possible team...

Well, of course, this does change the 'Best Possible Team'...  45 It, of course, would have been damn near impossible to pick this team, but it does offer you the chance to put Valverde in there...

39.5 Michal Kwiatkowski
40.0 Alejandro Valverde
23.9 Simon Gerrans
7.4 Matti Breschel
21.4 Greg Van Avermaet
4.8 Carlos Julian Quintero
3.0 Zydrunas Savickas
3.0 Matija Kvasina
3.0 Oleksandr Polivoda

This team would have come in at 146.0 credits and would have scored a massive 205 points, but who could have picked this team?...  39

Dave Atkinson wrote:

restriction on number of riders per team should be gone now

I'm still curious if the Pole heavy team would have been viable, though...  39

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Guys, I had Kvasina from the break, so you might say I'm biased. But I only finished 12th in the competition and, without Kvasina's points, I would have been 30th or something. It's pretty much the same thing for me, honestly.
But I do think breakaway guys (in general, not just in this race) should be scored even if they don't finish. Those four guys buried themselves upfront all day long, in a miserable weather. That should be rewarded in the game too, I think.

ruicarvalho | 9 years ago
0 likes

My first competition win!  16
Last minute changes paid off...changed Costa and Kristoff for Kwiatkowski and breschel.
It´s been a good end of season for me, winning San Sebastian, Worlds Team Time Trial and Road Race. Also secured 3rd place overall in "Overall purist (non premium races)". Maybe if I hadn´t missed one Womans race I could fight for the overall win in Lombadia.
Still a very good year...

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Winner today

BINOS PRO CYCLING: ruicarvalho

Simon Gerrans AR Orica Greenedge 40
Michal Kwiatkowski AR Omega Pharma - Quick-Step 50
Georgios Bouglas DS World Champs 0
Greg Van Avermaet AR BMC Racing Team 20
Alejandro Valverde AR Movistar 30
Grega Bole DS World Champs 0
Alexandr Kolobnev DS Team Katusha 0
Matija Kvasina DS World Champs 10
Matti Breschel DS Team Tinkoff-Saxo 25

Also, by scoring 175, they climbed 35 places into 1st place and won the overall

1 BINOS PRO CYCLING ruicarvalho 451
2 Gmancervelo (Purist) Gmancervelo 427
3 BJP Racing Team Ben Phippen 421

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Gkam84 wrote:

... the breakaway points as far as I know are still they HAVE to finish the race... any group of 10 or under wi[th] a minute lead at the half way point will get 10 points, IF those riders finish..

I don't think Kvasina, Savickas, Polivoda or Quintero finished the race... Why would they get the 10 points each?...  39

Joelsim replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

Gkam84 wrote:

... the breakaway points as far as I know are still they HAVE to finish the race... any group of 10 or under wi[th] a minute lead at the half way point will get 10 points, IF those riders finish..

I don't think Kvasina, Savickas, Polivoda or Quintero finished the race... Why would they get the 10 points each?...  39

That's what it says further up this thread. Very strange.

enrique replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:

... I... think breakaway guys... should be scored even if they don't finish...

Don't get me wrong, I actually agree with your points... I just wanted to know if the breakaway riders were given those points unintenionally, because no one noticed that the breakaway riders didn't finish the race, or whether the person who scored the race (Gkam?) had a change of heart about the scoring rules after posting his point of view... or maybe he was informed the breakaway riders should be scored in a different manner than he believed?...  39 I don't know... I'm not necessarily advocating to have those points removed, I just think it would be nice to know if it was an inadvertant mistake, because they didn't notice Kvasina, Savickas, Polivoda and Quintero did not finish the race, or a simple unintentional misunderstanding of the rules or an unintentionally mistaken statement about the scoring rules for breakaway riders...

Him Up North | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm seeing the road race as not yet being scored. Is this the case or have I cocked something up?

MartyMcCann replied to Him Up North | 9 years ago
0 likes
Him Up North wrote:

I'm seeing the road race as not yet being scored. Is this the case or have I cocked something up?

No you haven't- as it stands (11:30pm) it hasn't been updated- those posting above have worked their own scores out- I don't trust my own maths to do that myself so will be waiting until the update happens.

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yup, I always avoid last minute changes. Not this time though, it must be end-of-the-season nervousness...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

The old adage of never changing your team at the last minute...

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Damn, just 2,3,5,6 for me. I had Breschel and Colbrelli too, until this morning, but when I was pretty sure it would rain I thought "Hmmm, this is going to be really tough, it's going to be something like Liege Bastogne Liege". So I put Dan Martin and Giampaolo Caruso in my team, thinking they were really good in Liege this year (and going reasonably well recently). The problem is, in my stupidity, I took out Breschel and Colbrelli for that  102 . Ironically, the podium guys were exactly the ones from Liege, yet the Liege performers I took this morning were useless...  35

enrique replied to cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:

Damn, just 2,3,5,6 for me. I had Breschel and Colbrelli too, until this morning...

You would have had 141 points... I'm still curious to see if anyone matched Kwiatkowski and a string of the Top 20 to see the highest score...  39

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

restriction on number of riders per team should be gone now

Does that mean we could have had a Polish heavy team, like the one below? This would have been the best possible team today... But it has 3 Poles on it... I guess none of the breakaway riders get any points 'cause they didn't finish, did they?...  39

39.5 Michal Kwiatkowski
23.9 Simon Gerrans
21.4 Greg Van Avermaet
19.6 Tony Gallopin
18.3 Philippe Gilbert
13.2 Maciej Paterski
7.4 Matti Breschel
3.0 Michal Podlaski

If viable, this team would have come in at 149.3 credits and would have scored 184 points.

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

Glad Kwiatkowski won! A deserving winner!
Took some balls to celebrate the way he did before the line! They were closing so fast! Think I was more nervous than him!

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just 1 & 2 for my purist team

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

my wildcard in my standard team damiano caruso let me down, so I reckon my team +16 or 21 points will win it

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

2,3,4,5,6, think it will outscore you by 2 points

as for my purists i think it scores 10 less than my standard with 1,4,5,6,11

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

You guys are animals! I wonder how many had Kwiatkowski in their team?  39

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

2,4,5,6,8,12 plus 5 teammate bonus.

Just Costa who let me down.

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Apart from Gerrans, lots of high-point favorites! Hard to pick a roster.

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sat for 2 hours going over all the riders and the course, picked my team then deleted them and started again ! Now got both teams sorted and unless something major happens i'm not going to check them again until just before closure.

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Gkam - could you get Dave to confirm what you say - that the breakaway riders have to finish the race to get their ten points? If so, it should be noted in the scoring info - no need for any confusion if the scoring info page is thorough (not everyone looks at the forum).

I've picked my teams - one has my 4 favourites and a load of cheap filler, the other has no-one above 24 credits and lots of guys that will feel like they have a chance of top ten. Does it have to be on Ryder Cup singles day?

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yes, just what I said above, the team bonus doesn't matter if they finish, just have to start the race.

Breakaway is different

0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

That's what it says further up this thread...

That's what I understood, too...  39

From what Gkam wrote:

Gkam84 wrote:

and

Gkam84 wrote:

... the team bonus doesn't matter if they finish... reakaway is different

I understood Kvasina, Savickas, Polivoda or Quintero wouldn't get any points...  39

I'd think Gkam scored this race...  39 It makes me wonder if it's an inadvertant mistake by Gkam in the scoring or if Gkam reversed course on his understanding of the scoring or if someone else did the scoring with a different understanding of the scoring or if Gkam was confused about the scoring or if Gkam was notified his understanding of the scoring was not 'correct' or if it was late at night and Gkam was tired and didn't notice Kvasina, Savickas, Polivoda and Quintero didn't finish the race or if Gkam got an email from Dave 'clarifying' the scoring before he actually did the scoring or maybe they finished the race and the organizers reported it wrongly...  45

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Team bonus - by country: 5 Points for each participating rider from the same country

The scoring info doesn't say "finishing"...

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

It hasn't always been if they finish the race, those rules apply to the classics, or were supposed to, until I didn't score them.

Now it is, as long as the rider has started the race, the breakaway points as far as I know are still they HAVE to finish the race. As it is being scored like a one day classic, any group of 10 or under will a minute lead at the half way point will get 10 points, IF those riders finish.

rcorbin | 9 years ago
0 likes

it's always been if they finish the race, not that I agree with it, but hey, those are them rules

Pages

Latest Comments