Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

NHS Cycle to Work Scheme

Just about to start a new job at the local hospital and will be cycling to work using my mountain bike. Got some gumpf of NHS Cycle to Work Scheme. Anyone on here got a bike through the scheme or know what brands can be accessed?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

the_jm | 9 years ago
0 likes

I bought my bike through our work's Cycle to Work Scheme. How simple things are depends on how the NHS scheme is implemented. Typically you can buy a bike and certain accessories up to the value of £1000, if the NHS has the appropriate credit agreement in place this amount can be increased (we have a limit of £2000 where I work). Topping up this amount is complicated because under this scheme you do *not* own the bike, your employer's do. At some point in the future ownership can be passed to you but there may be some additional charge dependent on when this is done.

Evan's manage my employer's scheme, they have some pretty good pages explaining how everything works on their website. I bought a bike that costs £2000, it will cost me £1120 paid in 12 monthly instalments. Strictly speaking, whilst the bike will be in my possession for the whole period, I will not actually own it until 2020.

SCOTT1974 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hi
Yes mine is going through as we speak. It depends on how much you are looking to spend on a bike. Max you can go up to is £1000. Most shops i have come accross do the cycle scheme so you can pretty much get any bike. Check with the shop as to what one they work with to what the NHS run.

I got a bike over the £1000 and just paid the differnce, again check with the bike shop if they are willing to do this as some might not.

Hope this helps.

Latest Comments